PDA

View Full Version : Waited till the turn

Trix
08-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

UTG+1 is a prety bad player. Loose and medium aggression.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero ?

nepenthe
08-22-2004, 06:24 PM
I think you're behind. Unless you have some read on any of the players as capable of raising the turn with less than TPTK, you're drawing to an uncertain K (may win, chop, or lose if there's a flush draw out there), uncertain Q (there may be a straight), and an uncertain A. With only 6BB in the pot, I'm folding and not thinking twice about it.

Danenania
08-22-2004, 06:29 PM
Think I'd raise the flop. With few opponents you are usually pretty far ahead and most turn cards won't change things that much. You can also force UTG out on the flop (though he ended up folding anyway) helping to protect your hand some. The position of the initial better isn't going to help you protect your hand on the turn. You also are less likely to run into a tricky situation like the one you did if you raise the flop.

Give the way you'd play it I'd probably fold the turn but I'd be belligerent about it.

daveymck
08-22-2004, 07:05 PM
I like the way you played it, I assume your intent was to raise the turn to protect your hand dependant on the action. Raisin the flop would not protect your hand as everyone is calling then checking to you on the turn which will give the odds for any draws to continue correctly.

The fact on the turn its raised to you on a cordinated board I think I fold unless I havce a read on MP1 that says otherwise. There are so many hands you are way behind to (a lot of potential 2 pair and a lower straight ie 8,9 I dont see AK here) and your outs are so unclean that they need a bath and a shower and are still as dirty as a Amsterdam prostitute (plus you odds are cut anyway).

This is the sort of hand I think I lose money on in the past.

AceHigh
08-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I would raise the flop, I want to knock out utg because the flop is a little too coordinated for my taste and I want to knock out gutshots and K's if I can.

Also, that would make the turn easier to play.

I guess I call, I hate to make laydowns after I under played a hand like this. MP1 could be making a play with a weak Q or may have just picked up a flush or straight draw to go with his pair.

Trix
08-23-2004, 10:56 AM
I folded and MP1 rivered a flush with 65s. UTG called down with KT.

Thought it was a clear fold with a small pot and a QJT board, which should scare him somewhat and another player who have bet into us twice.