PDA

View Full Version : Where to Play in Vegas? Vegas Study Group?

07-12-2002, 07:53 PM
I'm attending a convention in Vegas in about a week and I'm staying at the Venetian. I'm interested in playing 10-15 and 15-30. Where are the best games, i.e. games that are winnable -- I don't want to play at a table of local pros! I've heard the Mirage and the Bellagio, anywhere else? If the Venetian spreads a good game, I'm all for that as well.

Also, I seem to remember a small group of poker players getting together in Vegas every few weeks to talk about poker. Is that still going on?

Thanks,

Shawn

07-12-2002, 11:53 PM
Check that site out and click on your favorite hotel and it will tell you whether or not they have a poker room and if so, what games they spread. While this may not be 100% accurate it's certainly as close as your going to find on the internet.

As far as your game I'm pretty sure you will want to stick to either the Bellagio or the Mirage. Bellagio spreads the 15-30 you are looking for and Mirage spreads a 10-20 and 20-40. Those 2 are probably your best bets in town (based on what I have read previously on this board for those limits).

07-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Dear Shawn,

The Bellagio and the Mirage have the best action at the levels you're looking for but alas, their games are also stocked with the most pros..and by pro I mean people that depend on playing tourists for a living. The best advice I could give you is to try and not play early in the day. Most of these pros punch a clock and are gone once the dinner-bell rings. But then there's Marty..that guy ain't going home if he's one dime down..and I've seen him stick around for three days straight to get it back.

Week-ends are terrific action..ten tourists for every pro. So play later in the afternoon/evening, don't drink and drive (your chips in the pot) and don't play for three days straight to recover a loss.

Anyway have a good time, make sure to request your buffet/coffee shop comps from the floor person and good luck.

desire