PDA

View Full Version : AA - Turn action

Trix
08-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

UTG+2: VeryLoose-Passive.
BB: VeryLoose-Passive.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero ....

Rest of the hand later.

W. Deranged
08-22-2004, 03:37 PM
I think you have to just call down all the way here. My read on the hand would be that MP1 has AK (maybe KQ) and is raising when his overcard hit, and that BB may possibly be waking up with a duck. (Your loose read suggests he could be in with a 2; your passive read means he is less likely to be raising with something other than a 2). But, they both could be playing big (or even small) Ks here. (I don't suspect KK, as MP1 is likely to have capped pre-flop). So, I really don't think you can fold here. Further, I don't like capping all that much, because it might force out UTG + 2, who you really want putting in that extra bet. (If you cap, you only get one more big bet in the pot if UTG + 2 folds, and it's more likely to be coming from someone who has you beat). It might get capped anyway, but that's okay. If both raisers are on Ks, then capping just tells them they're beat. If you just call, you might induce some extra betting from the kings on the river, in addition to saving yourself some money if you are against a duece.

Pinlifter
08-22-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB: VeryLoose-Passive.

Turn: (8 BB) K (4 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, UTG+2 calls, MP1 3-bets, Hero ....

[/ QUOTE ]

You can fold.

Pinlifter

Trix
08-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Turn: (8 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>

???

GuyOnTilt
08-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey Trix,

You should strongly consider 4-betting the turn here. If you had described MP as very loose and very passive, then it would be different, but I really don't see you being behind here the &gt;60% of the time. BB's raise will almost always be Kings up, and UTG's cold-call just means he has some 2-pair or an A-high gutshot, and sometimes less. MP3's 3-bet doesn't mean too much. The only hand he'll have that beats you is 55, and given that he raised PF he won't have it nearly as often as a strong K.

I'd 4-bet and lead any non-K river.

Once you just call the turn, I'd check-raise the river, but that's only because I'm of the mindset that you're ahead. Your turn call means you're not and you should check and call.

GoT

Trix
08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Think you are tight about me beeing ahead often on the turn Guy. Think I realized that on the river and bet as I didnīt want it checked through. Interestingly I got called(incorrectly) by some hands that may have folded on the turn, had I capped there. Ofcouse they may have called anyway.

<font color="blue"> Was this a clear turn cap anyway ? </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>

<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 24 BB

Results:
Hero shows Ac As (two pair, aces and twos).
BB shows 8s Kc (two pair, kings and twos).
UTG+2 shows Tc Ts (two pair, tens and twos).
MP1 shows Qc Ks (two pair, kings and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 24 BB.