PDA

View Full Version : online cheating on pokerstars?

RomanMaroni
08-22-2004, 02:45 PM
I have heard lots of rumbling lately about people cheating in high limit games from pokerstars to paradise. From collusion to poker hand sharing software. I play at party poker and I am hoping this is not happening, anyone hear any of this?

MikeGuz
08-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Anyone who thinks this is not happening is fooling them self.

ZeeJustin
08-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Playing against a single expert will hurt your winrate significantly more than playing against 2 mediocre colluders will.

stupidsucker
08-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Are you talking about 1 table tournaments ?(This is that forum)

Im not certain how large the player pool is for the 100s or the 200s, but I know its quite large up to the 50s. How many times do you think 2 peopel can sit down at the same SnG and not get caught? For SnGs constant collusion is damn near impossible if you ask me. Unless they both have several accounts with different IP addresses. Collusion is also obvious often in SnGs. It simply can not go unnoticed for long.

But it is going on from time to time. I have noticed it here and there, but in over 1000 played it hasnt affected my stats. (To my knowledge)

If you see collusion dont say anything to them, just report it with tact.

Percula
08-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I can assure you there is "something" going on. I have been credited with higher places than I have finished in $5 and $10 1 table SnG games 4 times in the last month. When I asked PS support why, their's was a canned legal response that the other player(s) had voilated site rules and would not talk more about it.

Gula25
08-22-2004, 08:23 PM
The last 4 of these SnG's i have played on pokerstars I have been called with bad hand that draws out on me.. its the calls that are so bad I question fair play.. I dont know.. something seems shady..

Im sure this is just bad play that is being getting lucky against me, but I need to rationalize it somehow i suppose?

RPatterson
08-22-2004, 08:30 PM
The Pokerstars all-in dealing seems shady to me.

Phill S
08-23-2004, 09:42 AM
ok. here we go.

1, there is nothing wrong with the deal on poker stars. they make something like 2 million dollars a day in rake, why do they need to cheat. they have no benefit if they did so.

plus someone would:
a, have found out by now with stat software like poker tracker
b, would of told everyone so stars would:

x, lose all their customers
y, lose the two million or so a day

now then 2, collusion.

yes it happens, its always happened and it probably always will. you have to rely on monitoring software, its there, its works, people have been caught and as already stated, you cant fool it for long.

if you spot something report it. but thats all you can do. just think of it in number terms. 50 thousand people on party, whats the odds that youll run into the hundred or so cheaters?

Phill

Phill S
08-23-2004, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can assure you there is "something" going on. I have been credited with higher places than I have finished in $5 and $10 1 table SnG games 4 times in the last month. When I asked PS support why, their's was a canned legal response that the other player(s) had voilated site rules and would not talk more about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you may get unlucky like Percula that is and run into them a few times in a month /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but it shows the software works at least.