PDA

View Full Version : Strange Hand

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-22-2004, 12:39 PM
'Stars 2/4. Typical table for 'Stars, not as LP as other sites for this level.

I'm in the SB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

2 folds, EP (loose raiser) raises, MP1 calls 2 cold, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO & Button fold, I call, aggressive BB calls. 5 see the flop for 10 bb.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, BB bets, EP raises, MP1 calls 2 cold, MP2 & MP3 fold, I call, BB calls. 4 to the turn for 10 bb.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, BB bets, EP calls, MP1 calls, I call.

River: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked around.

Comments? Results later.

Patriarch
08-22-2004, 12:47 PM
I would probably fold that on the flop. A raise, and someone cold-calling 2 bets, as well as the possibility of the bettor re-raising when it comes back round to him, scares me. Pretty weak-tight, I know, but I figure I must be beaten here.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Preflop raiser had very loose raising standards. The guy who bet the flop was aggressive. I figure I'm behind on the flop, but nothing to that point convinced me that anyone had more than a pair. When it gets back to me, I'm getting 9-1 implied odds if BB doeasn't reraise. Calling is borderline, I admit, but I felt I had to see how they reacted to the turn card. Then on the turn, even though I'm not in love with my hand, I'm not folding getting 13-1.

daveymck
08-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Ep seems to be playing for the flush or straight so I think you ahead of him, MP1 has just followed alon in calling station mode so he is either drawing or has played a pair weekly. BB may have the king but if he had why not 3 bet the flop so its possible he is drawing as well probably with Ax maybe spades the jack or missing has stopped him betting the river.

It would not surprise me if you have won A-10 doenst seem to be out there on that board 2 pairs are a good probability.

Not sure about you call for two bets cold on the flop, your 2 pair outs are dirty possibly giving a straight and/or flush to someone and a 10 I would expect a split pot, on the turn for one bet I think you have to play on, the river I thin kyou are only called by a better hand so have to check.

You either won or are behind to a weakly played Kx 2 pair/trip j's.

GuyOnTilt
08-22-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey Kurn,

Getting an immediate 16:2 after rake with the possibility of a 3-bet behind you isn't good enough to call the flop here, unless you plan on calling a river bet unimproved, but that, I feel, would be a mistake. Off the top of my head in the spur of the moment, I'd give myself 3.5 outs, which means I'd need to think I could make about 6 big bets on the turn and river to call. But my strongest draw here is on average going to be chopped 2 ways (I actually think it'll be chopped 3 more often than not at all, so 2.2 or something), I don't think I would and I'd fold.

It's not clear-cut or anything though, but that's what I would've concluded in the seconds I had to decide. The other three streets played themselves.

GoT

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-22-2004, 06:50 PM
I show after the river is checked around and watch in mild amazement as one by one, my opponents' hands go into the muck and the pot is pushed to me.

HH shows BB has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Original raiser had A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif and cold-calling MP had T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif