PDA

View Full Version : Top pair with marginal kickers

joedot
08-22-2004, 11:16 AM
1/2 loose passive game

Limp UTG with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4 limpers and both blinds to see the flop of

10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I lead out and get raised by UTG+1. Everyone else folds. Turn is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a board of

10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, he bets and I fold.

My plan was to call down if the turn and river looked safe, and checkraise if I got some improvement. In the past I would usually just reraise the flop and keep on going usually to be shown A10 or an overpair. I have no read on this opponent since this is his first orbit. Thoughts?

Trix
08-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Include potsize, itīs one of the most important factors in most of your decisions.

Looks fine though. He needs a hand to raise into that many players and probably doesnīt play worse Tens UTG.

Edit: Think the pot is small enough not to worry about T9/JT/QT. ( You have many outs for a split vs the last two)