PDA

View Full Version : Weird Play

Hydro
08-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Hrmm, $20 on pokerstars. The player is not really all that great, our second hand heads up.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed)

Button (t7615)
Hero (t5885)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t2400</font>, Button calls t1600.

Flop: (t4800) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t1200</font>, Button calls t1200.

Turn: (t7200) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (t7200) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t2260 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t2260.

Final Pot: t11720

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button shows Ac Ts (one pair, aces).
Hero shows 7s 7d (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Button wins t11720. </font>

The check on the turn was because:
1. He bet into me, MAYBE meaning he had a hand
2. He flat called my bet on the flop, after a reraise, meaning he had to atleast have a hand better then me (Atleast a Pro would only call if something).

After his check ont he turn, i smelled something very fishy... what is this guy doing I thought. I went all in because he showed weakness and hopeing to take down on that flush bluff.

Let me hear your comments /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guernica4000
08-22-2004, 08:09 AM
I can't say I like this play.
1)Why re-raise with your 77 before the flop?
2)Why bet with a flop that had two over cards and a flush draw?
3)You are trying to read your opponent by thinking of what a "pro" would but you start your post saying he is not a good player.
4)Finally, I didn't like your final bet at the river with no hearts and 3 over cards but his call was insane. You said that "The player is not really all that great" well I think he is terrible.

Just my 2 cents.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

patrick dicaprio
08-22-2004, 08:16 AM
if the blinds are 400/800 and he raises i think you should be pushing here or fold. 77 is a good hand to push with here but willbe tough to play on the flop if overcards come. you have less than 10 big bets. this is also a good place for a stop and go, but those overcards are scary.

on the flop it is unlikely that he has a K or Q because he would certainly raise here. i would put him on a medium ace. i can completely understand your thoughts on every street and sometimes it doesnt work out. i am not sure that you made any mistakes here but if i were in the game i would have pushed preflop, which doesnt mean it is correct of course. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Pat

Hydro
08-22-2004, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't say I like this play.
1)Why re-raise with your 77 before the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is heads-up. I am very aggresive heads up and a pocket pair is always a raise., He only raised me 2x the blind
[ QUOTE ]

2)Why bet with a flop that had two over cards and a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
I reraised him preflop. If he did not hit the flop is would fold (in this case he didnt for some reason). I represented power through out the whole hand. If i would get a raise here that means he has it, and I fold.
[ QUOTE ]

4)Finally, I didn't like your final bet at the river with no hearts and 3 over cards but his call was insane. You said that "The player is not really all that great" well I think he is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, i wonder why he called the river but oh well
Just my 2 cents.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]