PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars Tournament dollar question ( possibly looking to sell )

pal4
08-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Due to some immense help from the gang here I grinded out a spot in the 250k PStars sunday tournament in a $3 rebuy tourney. Thanks to Fossilman, EmarkM, Tosh, and all the great posters here. You have all immensely improved my game in the month that ive been playing online.

Now unfortunately, I dont think im ready for this tourney. I mostly played in it for some practice and a cheap buy-in to get ready for some B&M play with alot of LAG's. I dont think I can do well enough to money in this, and i would hate to waste it, especially since ive been getting alot of heat from my parents about playing a bit too much poker of late (im just a poor college student after all /images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

After checking out the PStars website I was hoping to get the $215 and cash out. After reading the rather obscure paragraph on the whole tournament dollar system, im assuming that you cant cash out tournament dollars.

If this is the case, would anybody be interested in 215 tournament dollars? Or does anyone know of a way to get the 215 into my pocket?

ron dogg
08-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Do you play sit and go's? Unregister for the tourney, get the Tourney dollars and you can use them for that(I strongly believe). In no time, with good play your cashes there will go to your cash bankroll. Just to be safe, this has been answered before on here, just do a search.

BTW, if that 215 is a significant portion of your bankroll, I admire your restraint. It is tempting to want to make a "big score" when slow and steady will win the race here. Keep working on that game and congratulations on your win.

That is all,
R-

skaboomizzy
08-22-2004, 02:26 AM
If you're in the mood, the T$ can be used in SNGs. I personally love Stars' SNG structure as it favors an experienced player (1500 chips to start for each player).

You should be able to achieve a postive ROI playing the $10+1 SNGs, and maybe even the $20+2s if you play during "prime time".

shaniac
08-22-2004, 04:35 AM
Hey,

I'll be happy to buy your T$ at fair market value (about 80% if I'm not mistaken), but as others have pointed out, T$ is quite worthwhile for use in smaller tourneys. PM me if you want to sell it for the cash.

The gambler in me wants to tell you, screw it man, play the big tourey /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Shane

pal4
08-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the posts guys.

The gambler in me wants to play in the tourney too, but id like to build my roll a bit before I get in over my head.

As for selling the T$, I dont think i would sell them for less than $200, so it looks like ill probably be keeping them.

PokerNeal
08-22-2004, 12:29 PM
I know under PokerStars you can transfer real $$ to another player using the Tranfer Funds option under the toolbar item Options. BUT... HOW DO YOU TRANSFER TOURNEY DOLLARS???

M.B.E.
08-22-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know under PokerStars you can transfer real $$ to another player using the Tranfer Funds option under the toolbar item Options. BUT... HOW DO YOU TRANSFER TOURNEY DOLLARS???

[/ QUOTE ]
Stars support effects the transfer. Both parties email support with the terms (e.g. "transfer $180 from my account to X and 215 T$ from X's account to mine").

housenuts
08-22-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're in the mood, the T$ can be used in SNGs. I personally love Stars' SNG structure as it favors an experienced player (1500 chips to start for each player).

You should be able to achieve a postive ROI playing the $10+1 SNGs, and maybe even the $20+2s if you play during "prime time".

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you consider prime time?

rocket
08-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but I do not understand the tourney dollars thing. If you win the big tourney at PS today and win 90k, is that tourney money you cna not cash? Do you have to play back that much for it to go into real money?

KingMarc
08-22-2004, 03:58 PM
If you win the tourny, you get the cash. T$ is for if you win a satelite for a tourny, and don't want to enter the tourny. Then you get the entrance in T$.

BBatov
08-22-2004, 04:13 PM
i would offer you $205 for 215 tourney dollars
send me a pm if you wanna sell them

BBatov