PDA

View Full Version : My first post, and an example of a SSHE back door draw hand.

icetonez
08-22-2004, 01:01 AM
I don't remember the exact position details but it went something like this. $3/$6 Pacific. I raise with AhKh, # 2 cold calls, and #3 reraises. Both #2 and I call. 9 Small bets. Flop is Jh,3s,7d. I check, #2 bets, #3 raises, so if I call it would be 13 small bets, a pot of $39. So I have two nut back door draws worth a total of 3 outs, and two overcards making a total of 4 outs. My pot odds are 6.5 to 1 and my break-even pot odds are 10.5 to 1, I am too slow to calculate this during the hand, but it seems I didn't have the correct odds to call, and I did indeed fold. (implied odds make it closer though...). Anyway the turn was 10h and the river was 2h.(I would have been pissed had I missed my first royal flush /images/graemlins/smile.gif #3 won with QQ. So did I play/calculate this right?

Thanks,

Tony

MVicuna
08-22-2004, 02:47 AM
Hi,

If you think your AK over cards are both good, thats 6 outs plus the 3 outs for the backdoors so thats 9 outs.

If #3 is a tight 3 bettor who you don't think would 3 bet an EP raise with hands like KQs or AQs you might want to be hesitant to count them as 6 full outs. Even if you discount them some, I think peeling one off is ok.

Thanks,
MarkV.

nothumb
08-22-2004, 03:45 AM
Cap it preflop. Check-calling the flop is probably ok; you might want to lead it and call a raise. Definitely can't fold for one bet on the flop. Definitely, definitely can't do it. It hurts me that you did this after all the work Ed put into that book.

Also, had you capped it preflop you would have had even better odds. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

NT

MicroBob
08-22-2004, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely can't fold for one bet on the flop. Definitely, definitely can't do it. It hurts me that you did this

[/ QUOTE ]

you can stop hurting because that is not what happened.
he folded for 2-bets on the flop (which i would have done also), not 1.

you definitely could/should have capped PF.
and since you are now taking aggression you could have led out on almost any flop to see what happens.
by that time, if you had only been raised once you would have had odds to look at another card.
that's not the reason for capping PF of course.....but if you had played it this way that's what would have been the best course to take....you also migh thave lost more bets on this one too.

Kluddeludde
08-22-2004, 07:32 AM
I would have capped preflop and I think I would have looked at what the turn brought. I'm curious why you discard 4 of your overcard outs, did you have a read on him as an exceptionally tight raiser? If that was the case, then a fold on the flop would be in order, but with no read I would definately peel one more card off.

Kludde

icetonez
08-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the help all. Yes, now after sleep looking back I understand my mistakes. The wierd out count for my overcards was me being up for too long. (Although at that particular table the guy who won that hand was the only on besides me who had enough chips at the table to max out an aggressive multiway pot /images/graemlins/smile.gifSleep matters...

nothumb
08-22-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can stop hurting because that is not what happened.
he folded for 2-bets on the flop (which i would have done also), not 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes. Thank you. I feel much better now.

Does bison's converter not work on Pacific?

NT

MicroBob
08-22-2004, 06:28 PM
pacific does not e-mail any HH's...so no, Bison's converter does not work.

all you can get on pacific is their little replayer where it will play back the hand for you on the screen.