PDA

View Full Version : Middle Limit Hold Em - Brier & Ciaffone

MEbenhoe
08-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Can anyone give me a review and breakdown of what is in this book? I searched and couldnt find one so hopefully I didnt miss one.

gojacketz
08-21-2004, 11:40 PM
There are probably hundreds of reviews of that book in this forum. Go to the search page and highlight this forum, type in +Middle +Limit +Ciaffone and choose to search from 1 year - you will see pages and pages of hits on this subject.

I like the book, may be a little weak tight for the way 10/20 and 20/40 games play right now, but the numerous examples get your mind to thinking which is the real value in this book.

Gojacketz

MEbenhoe
08-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Already did this and didnt find anything useful which is why I posted the question

Al Mirpuri
08-22-2004, 05:32 AM
MM himself posted a review. You did not search efficiently.

Koller
08-22-2004, 07:29 AM
http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=450677&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1

MEbenhoe
08-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Thank you very much Koller for not being like other people on this website consistently posting why didnt you search for it(even when I did search for it) instead of actually being helpful and posting a link. Your searching skills are obviously far superior to mine though.

08-23-2004, 01:34 AM
MEbenhoe,

Although I can not give you a review as thorough as Mason's, I still strongly recommend this book.

Even though the advice is considered weak tight, I really learned a lot from the explanations (regardless of whether I agreed with the suggested action itself). This book will help you read the board and understand how to narrow down your opponent's possible holdings.

Along with ITH and Real Poker II, I would say this is a must have non-Two plus Two Limit Hold'em book.

AKQJ10
08-23-2004, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MM himself posted a review. You did not search efficiently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the "old-timers" here know something I don't about how to use the search engine "efficiently"? I never have any luck searching on more than one term. I'll try the plus-sign thing in the future that was suggested above; perhaps that's my problem.

Also, from what I can tell, the link posted by Koller was in the archives, and therefore wouldn't be found by a conventional search, right? I didn't see anyone suggest, "Try looking in the archives," which might have been a more productive suggestion than just trying harder to search more efficiently.

afish
08-23-2004, 07:47 AM
I believe the older posts are on a different system. You have to go to the archives and seach there.

tony_brock
08-23-2004, 09:17 AM
I think it's a great book that makes you think about hands in many different situations. You don't have to agree with all of their advice, but it should take you a long time to read through the ton of sample hands if you take the time to consider the reasoning behind each answer.

Also, if you go to CardPlayer.com, you can find a ton of Jim Brier's articles. This will give you a good idea of the style of the book.