PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this hand right?

lastchance
08-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Early rounds of PP tournament, $5 + $.50.

My stack is hovering around $800. Blinds 10/15.

Dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

PF:
UTG calls, UTG +1 calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero (SB) calls, BB checks.

Flop:
5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets $90, UTG +1 calls, and MP calls.

Turn:
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, UTG +1 bets $15, MP calls $15, Hero pushes all in. UTG +1 folds, MP folds.

And no, my turn play wasn't a check-raise. I checked, looking to see what they would do, and then thinking I had the best hand, pushed.

I'm just wondering how I should have played that, instead of how I did play it.

adanthar
08-21-2004, 11:21 PM
The preflop and flop are OK.

What will your massive overbet be called by on the turn, will better hands fold in a $5 SNG, and will any worse hands call you?

Hydro
08-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Poor play.

Why bet on the flop? so many callers, see what they do.
Turn.. you bet then check? that 7 HELPED YOU, why the check? bet again my friend, dont be scared, bet even more.

The all in push was weak... you get nothing except a steal, no point in a push.. no raisers to u, all limpers.

A bet on the turn would have done, 300 or so.

patrick dicaprio
08-22-2004, 08:10 AM
one very common thing that i see on these boards is players pushing with what they think is the best hand hoping to get called. this is a bad play unless there is a specific reason you think he will call with worse hands. when you push in with a hand like this no draw is going to call so you will only be called when you are beaten. i dont see any reason to risk all of your chips here. the blinds are low the pot is small and there a lots of hands that beat you. in an unraised pot to push here is usually a disaster when you are called.

Pat