PDA

View Full Version : Move to 3/6...Question about being in the SB against a steal

RED_RAIN
08-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Just moved to 3/6 so don't understand all of what the SB does to you since it's only $1 to you.

I assume you should be folding a lot more suited crap, folding a lot more when it's just one person in and then to you to act.

I had this hand come up and I didn't know if I should CC or Raise. I ended up folding.

I'm in the SB with KQo....Raise from CO-1

tree_stump
08-21-2004, 07:41 PM
What's your read of the player? Apparently you think he's capable of stealing here... in that case, I'd raise.

RED_RAIN
08-21-2004, 07:53 PM
What I'm wondering...is it better to get away from hands that you think you may be close to behind or knowing you will have a position disadvantage, should you just fold for the $1 instead of the $4 or $8 more to raise?

imported_stealthcow
08-21-2004, 08:08 PM
i raise every time.

90% of the time you have him dominated preflop. i raise with KQo in first, however, so having someoen behind me with that hand is nothing new.

sfer
08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
You should be much less inclined to defend from the SB, as well as completing less. Also, you should be less inclined to steal yourself since you're looking at getting 1.3 SBs for your 2 SB raise rather than 1.5 SBs for your 2 SB raise.

Here, I 3-bet almost every time unless CO-1 is a rock.

bernie
08-22-2004, 08:41 AM
Yes, you play tighter. I agree with Sfer.

However, many at this limit probably could care less that it's only 1/3 of the bet. So factor that in in both stealing positions. 1st thing to consider is if this player is capable of being on a steal. Some aren't. Theyll still have a very good hand here. If you think it is a possible steal, jack him up and 3 bet it. You want this HU if possible.

If there were limpers in front of this raise, you didn't mention it, it's an easy fold. Even if you only started with 1/2 a bet.

Hope this gives ya some ideas. Most was already said from other responders, i think.

b

Kluddeludde
08-22-2004, 10:18 AM
I would reraise, but a fold is good also. Never cold call in a situation like this, since you want to drive out BB.

Kludde