PDA

View Full Version : Whats my play on the turn & river(30-60)

Jacob
08-21-2004, 03:12 PM
10 handed 30-60 game. I am UTG+1. Raise with 10s10c. Get 5 callers.

Flop-10d 7d 5s. Nice. I bet. Get called by 3 players.

Turn-Ac. I think this is a safe card and perfect for a check raise(though risky if no one bets). Sure enough the next player bets. Another calls and I raise. The bettor looks at his hole cards and after thinking for 10 seconds and raises again. The next player calls.

What do they have. I put the raiser on a set of 7s. What about the other player . He cold calls 2 more bets. Whats my play - do I cap it? The raiser is a tricky solid player and he will sometimes raise big draws(flush with a straight draw on the turn, but to reraise my raise?)

River-Qd(bad card!!!). I check. The raiser doesnt look happy and checks. Now the third player bets. Whats my play. Sure he was not calling those raises and reraises with a flush draw.

I call. The raiser from the turn also calls. The bettor says he doesn't have a flush and now I am very sure I have won this hand.

Jacob

mmcd
08-21-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure he was not calling those raises and reraises with a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

?????

etizzle
08-21-2004, 03:22 PM
you absolutely MUST cap the turn here

sam h
08-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Nice turn checkraise, but not capping is terrible.

I don't understand why you don't think the third player is on a flushdraw. This is one of his most likely hands in this spot.

You should bet the river.

I think your game needs a little work for 30-60, as you seem to be missing a couple basic elements of play here.