PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 10/20, leading out with trips

SinCityGuy
08-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Very loose Mirage 10/20 game. Most flops have been about 5-way for one or two bets. No specific player reads at this point (except for one regular who is not involved in this hand).

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, EMP limps, MP limps, CO limps, I complete the small blind with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, BB checks.

Seven to the flop for 7 SB's.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, EMP folds, MP calls, CO calls.

4 to the turn for 5.5 BB's.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif

Comments on the line so far? Check the turn or bet out?

nothumb
08-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Getting in a turn check-raise here against an ace or even a club draw would be dead sexy. The question is, will somebody bet? This line has everything to do with table texture and your table image. If it's a really passive table, I'm afraid you just have to bet out.

BTW, is 10/20 small stakes, or is this table just playing like a SS table?

NT

Joe Tall
08-21-2004, 03:12 PM
You always post in Mid/High?? What, the 'raise AK in the small blind debate' boring you??

What is the likely hood someone would raise an Ace behind you here? Betting and 3-betting is the line.

Peace,
Joe Tall

dogmeat
08-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I like the flop bet, but think the check on the turn is best. If I have an ace (and I have to assume at least one player does) and see you check the turn (being the type of player I am, who can only think on one level) I put you on an 8 and bet my aces. If you are lucky, it is the first person and you get a couple others involved for a call and then pop-em.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SinCityGuy
08-21-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, is 10/20 small stakes, or is this table just playing like a SS table?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mirage 10/20 game is basically the same as the Party 3/6 game, so I'm going to start posting the hands here instead of cluttering the fifth level thinkers on the Mid/High Stakes forum.

sublime
08-21-2004, 03:57 PM
The Mirage 10/20 game is basically the same as the Party 3/6 game, so I'm going to start posting the hands here instead of cluttering the fifth level thinkers on the Mid/High Stakes forum.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Trix
08-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I could go both ways.

BeerMoney
08-21-2004, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could go both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that sounds a little funny! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

to be honest, I agree, a checkraise would be a nice kick in the teeth, but, a straight forward bet isn't bad either. By simply betting these players never figure you for trips cause they wouldn't play 'em that way.

joker122
08-21-2004, 05:40 PM
I like betting because if you try to CR you don't know where the bet is coming from.

SinCityGuy
08-22-2004, 12:15 AM
I bet out, UTG+1 calls.

Two to the river for 7.5 BB's.

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Whoa! I sure wasn't expecting to see that. What now, check or bet?

sthief09
08-22-2004, 02:05 AM
I would've check-raised the sh!t out of the turn. When you lead again after leading the flop, people have to know that you have a big hand. People generally expect a big hand to bet into a large field on the flop, but by checking the turn, you're representing top pair or an overpair killed by the A. you can almost certainly get someone to bet if you check.

the question on the river is whether you expect this guy to bet if he has an 8. if he's average or more aggressive than average, I go for the check-raise, and hope the guy bets his frush draw or value bet his A or 8.

good post. keep posting here /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
08-22-2004, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting in a turn check-raise here against an ace or even a club draw would be dead sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if it's checked to the CO who bets.

nothumb
08-22-2004, 03:50 AM
Man, there's been a lot of homoeroticism on this board of late. Makes me want to turn on Bravo and relax with a nice, stiff cosmo.

Glad to have this post here as well, BTW, I was just wondering. It does seem a lot of so-called 'mid stakes' B&M's fall into the type of games that one discusses as online small stakes (and many fit the definition of loose small-stakes games from Ed's book better than some Party 3/6 tables).

NT

SinCityGuy
08-22-2004, 02:56 PM
I bet, he fires out a raise immediately. I make it 3-bets, he cocks his head, laughs and says "I guess we're chopping" as he calls the 3 bets. He is stunned when I turn over the case 6.

GuyOnTilt
08-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey Guy,

Your flop bet is good.

If your opponents are typical Mirage 10/20 opponents, your turn bet isn't good. In a Commerce mid-stakes game, I would've bet; in your game, I would've checked. Ace's up don't raise here very often if they didn't raise preflop in the Mirage 10 unless they're LA out-of-towners.

On the river, you should bet. There shouldn't have been any doubt in your mind about it. A T doesn't bet in that game, an A will only call your c/r, but a T will call a bet and an A will raise and call a 3-bet. There should be absolutely no question about the river against a typical Mirage 10 player.

GoT