PDA

View Full Version : Always complete the Small Blind early??

anatta
08-21-2004, 11:57 AM
I have only played about 30 of the $20 SNG at Star and I have a question...

Early on I am looking for players who play tight, maybe they won't defend their blinds. If the blinds are 10-20 and I see someone fold their small blind, I mark them as a possible tightie. I would think in big bet poker completing with any two at this point would be +EV anyways, coupled with the fact that its important to make a first impression I have concluded that I shouldnt ever fold here. ??

Zaebos
08-21-2004, 12:14 PM
I asked the same question a couple weeks ago: completing the small blind (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=894226& Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Ma in=894226&Search=true&where=&Name=10797&daterange= &newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post894226)

poboy
08-21-2004, 03:17 PM
I've been wondering this same thing myself. Also what if there is a min-raise to you when you are in the big blind? Should you call even with a garbage hand, since it is only one more bet to call? I tend to fold my small blind if it's crap, partly because I think people will see me as playing tight and will respect my bets more later on. If I'm min-raised in the big blind I will also fold if my cards are garbage. Is this a leak in my game? My thinking here is that my big blind is no longer mine(it's part of the pot) and there is no reason to chase after it with an inferior hand.