PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use FPS passport to fund Party/Empire?

teddyFBI
08-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Does anyone here use fps passport (epassporte.com) to fund/withdraw funds from Party/Empire? I've been using it now for a few months, and I guess I'm relatively pleased with it.

The major downside was loading my epassport account: they take a 5% chunk when you initially load ($25 out of my $500!!!), but that's only for the INITIAL load from your bank acct. But now I can transfer funds back and forth b/t Party and epassport for free.

The upside is that cashouts are very quick (under an hour in most cases), and it's allegedly anonymous, although I highly doubt that, since I signed up by linking from Party's own webpage, so they probably know who owns the account.

My question for any of y'all who use it is about the best way to get money OUT of your online epassport account. It's not like Neteller where it's just linked to your bank account: the initial load was like a one-way transaction, you can't transfer funds from epassport BACK to your bank account. Essentially it's an online Visa card that you can use at any online retailer that accepts Visa. But what if I just want the CASH? They sell a stupid physical bank card for $35/year that you can use to withdraw the cash from any ATM, but they charge a $2 service fee each time you use it, which is small, but still an annoyance, since your ATM withdrawal limit is capped at $320 (at least initially; you can request higher). For various reasons, I don't want to use Party/Empire's other cashout methods, but want to withdraw money from Party back to my epassport and then get Cash OUT of that. What do all you other users recommend?

TxSteve
08-21-2004, 11:11 AM
I used to use it.

I didn't cash out through it though....I had Empire send me a check