PDA

View Full Version : Poker probe problem?

West
08-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Cross posting this from the "other poker" forum...

I was running a hand comparison on Mike Caro's Poker Probe, and to be perfectly honest, the results don't make sense to me. Maybe someone here can explain what I'm missing?

Game is Omaha/8. Set to analyze total of 25,000 hands.

I ran:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

vs.

A /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

and I get this result:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

13,817 (Hi shares) 17,296 (Lo shares) 62.23% (win %)

A /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

11,183 (Hi shares) 7,694 (Lo shares) 37.75% (win %)

Ok, then I ran:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

vs.

and I get this result:

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

9,532 (Hi shares) 13,203 (Lo shares) 45.47% (win%)

15,468 (Hi shares) 11,797 (Lo shares) 54.53% (win%)

What makes no sense to me at all is the fact that in the first example, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif had almost 10,000 more Lo Shares than A /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif ....so why would replacing a K /images/graemlins/heart.gif with an 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif reduce the percentage of Lo Shares the hand is getting against a hand (A /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif) that has not changed??? Is the Poker Probe making a mistake? Am I just missing something?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

West
08-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Think we figured out the problem - when neither hand has a low, the high hand is given credit for the "low share".