PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else check an ace on the flop?

Algasm
08-21-2004, 02:25 AM
I generally don't like to get involved with these types of hands but since it was free... I figure after it was checked around on the flop that my ace was good or I'd split the pot. When the nine hit on the river I was thinking doh! But I can't just check and give permission for the villian to take the pot. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Party $30+3. Regardless of the results I'm just trying to get better with my play after the flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed)

MP1 (t785)
MP2 (t1125)
CO (t2505)
Button (t780)
SB (t1660)
Hero (t770)
UTG (t375)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t50, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (t150) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t150</font>, MP2 calls t150, SB folds.

River: (t450) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, MP2 calls t300.

Final Pot: t1050

mikey checks
08-21-2004, 03:40 AM
depends on the flop
-i will always bet my ace if there is a draw. no1 should draw for free when i have the best pair

depends on my stack
-when i hit an ace on the flop and im sure i have the only 1, i do not want to lose the hand...ever...theres no need. it happens with a king and the turn brings an Ace for an acehunter...but i dont like seeing the board pair while im checking...then i end up claling a lure bet and get fuct

depends on my position
-first position i usually check to induce a bet, later position i will bet strong to represent a steal, in the middle it depends on the sitation

depends on my kicker
-with a weak kicker like a 3 i like to see where i stand on the turn...i dont know if this is a limit game youre playing but i might bet the pot or a little less to take it or see if i have some competiton. with a call and a check on the river i will bet 1/3 of the pot

mikey checks
08-21-2004, 03:42 AM
ahh apologies, i should read your ENTIRE POST to respond ! haha (i saw it was no limit and the pot size)

i would bet that flop...prob min bet just to build the pot. maybe get both sb and mp to call and bet the pot as you did on the turn

Martin Aigner
08-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Perfectly played, IMHO. I like esp. the river bet, which is enough that nobody will raise you but induces a call from a K. Maybe 100 would be enough, too, but nothing wrong with 150 neither.

Best regards

Martin Aigner