View Full Version : silly laydown?

07-14-2002, 06:16 PM
10-20 hand from last night:

3 limpers (MP-LP) to me on the button. The CO is very solid, the rest are fairly loose-aggressive. I call with 3d4d. SB calls, BB checks. The blinds are also on the loose, with the SB being a bit passive.

Flop: 6d7d9d

SB checks, BB bets, limpers go fold, call, fold, I raise, SB calls, BB 3bets, limper caps.

I fold.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

07-14-2002, 08:38 PM
I would have folded before the flop, this hand is a tad too weak to play in this spot especially against good players who are apt to raise and put pressure on you when you are drawing. I think that folding here is a bit on the tightish side since you could be against merely draws and overpairs or somebody sitting there with a straight. I don't see folding as a huge mistake since there are all kinds of ways you can be outdrawn, but I would see what the action looks like on the turn and if it goes to 3 bets again you can safely fold. If somebody who is passive raises to just 2 bets then you can also safely fold on the turn. It is a good idea to be skeptical of excessive flop action as most people with good hands almost always wait until the turn.

Kris