PDA

View Full Version : Return to battle, a trip report

Mike Gallo
08-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey everyone,

Due to real life getting in the way of my poker playing, I had to take a brief sabbatical from the game. That lasted three months. I now have the balance in my life that will make poker playing enjoyable again. For those who do not know what I mean, look up some of my posts in the psychology forum.

I returned to the Borgata last night at 10:30 pm. I discovered the room packed with college students in their early 20's. I also saw many young men and women who wanted to participate in the new chic thing.

The room had long lists, however because of my networking skills I jumped right into a good $6-$12 game.

I played in a very good game. The player to my right in three seat had an understanding of the basics of the game, however he attempted to play too tricky. He NEVER raised preflop. He limped with Queens Kings and Jacks. He attempted to play a bit too tricky. The player in the two seat played ok, however he raised UTG with dubious hands like QJ or KJ not suited. The player in the one seat rotated. A new player would buy in for a few hundred dollars and lose it all. I watched four different players come and go from that seat. They all had one common element to their game. They made a lot of mistakes.

The player in the five seat played a little too loose and commented to me that he did not want to play in a hand with me. He knew some of the fundamentals of the game. The player in the six seat also rotated. The players ranged from a calling station to a loose aggressive player. The seven seat who played far too many hands and bluffed to much. I locked up with him 5 times and won 4 of the five times. The eight seat sat a legitamate rock. The nine seat sat a calling station and the ten seat had a young man who liked commenting on all of the plays that players made. I dubbed him Howard, because of Howard Cosell. He thought I called him Howard for Howard Ledderer however I had to set him straight. He took the hint well and stopped commenting. He then started talking about tournaments and Rounders. My type of guy /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

I watched some good hands. I watched a rock go four bets on the river and lose with Kings full of 10's to quad 10's. The rock flopped set over set and the villain hit 45-1 shot to set the man on full blown tilt. I watched 6 8 suited severely punish a set of aces and aces up.

I didnt play any hands worth posting, however I walked away a 10 big bet winner.