PDA

View Full Version : Ultra-LAGgy or decent play?

tree_stump
08-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Don't worry about the PF call... yes, it's -EV, but these guys are horrific - I can outplay them completely blind.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.75 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

Comments?

bakku
08-20-2004, 11:56 PM
Don't worry about the PF call... yes, it's -EV, but these guys are horrific - I can outplay them completely blind.

Fold preflop.

Richard Berg
08-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Excellent use of pattern-mapping techniques.

tree_stump
08-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Ok... let me make this more clear. I know the PF call was terrible. Partially being bored, partially knowing I'm better than these guys, but I called. It's done.

The question is about the bet (and subsequent call) on the flop... Any comments on that part of the hand?

imported_stealthcow
08-21-2004, 12:21 AM
i feel like cutoff has JJ or QQ, maybe even TT or AK, although later streets point to QQ.

the reason i think we're curious about your call preflop is that what you thought would let you win in the hand. regardless of how bad the other players are, would a pair of 3's hold up? or a pair of aces, 3 kicker?

otherwise, i like the heavy betting on the flop as it sets you up for when you hit

tree_stump
08-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Undoubtedly, A3 isn't a hand... But, the MP caller is a station, and will call to the end with any two. CO is also very passive - if the ace flops, I'll bet it and see what happens - if CO calls, I'll check and fold the turn unless I improve.

Also, I'm playing around with some weak hands to improve my post flop play once I am up in the session... I was up &gt;10 big bets before this hand.

For what it's worth, CO had KK - I figured him for AK until he 3-bet the flop, when I put him on AA or KK. He'd just call the flop raise with AK, but reraise with aces and kings.

imported_stealthcow
08-21-2004, 01:27 AM
this will sound like a half retarded question

but why experiment with hands liek A3 i this situation. i would think it would be best to experiment with hands like 89s whre you have to balance between playing the hand as a draw against few opponents, and also occassionaly as top or mid pair.

Entity
08-21-2004, 01:33 AM
If CO is passive, what is he raising with? Fold this preflop. You got lucky. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Abednego
08-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Well ..... you sure did nail it. I love the way you outplayed your competition on this hand. Me .... I would have put the guy on PP A's but he didn't fool you. I say you had a good read on him