PDA

View Full Version : This ones doing my head in.

DerryABU
08-20-2004, 08:56 PM
$5 MTT on Stars yesterday I'm doing pretty well 3rd overall with T24750 and quite happy with my play when this happens.
Blinds are 400/800 all fold round to me on SB with pocket 10s I raise to 2400 BB calls, flop comes 7,8,10 rainbow,I check my top set and the BB goes all-in for T14500.
This is what's killing me,should I have stopped and thought this through or called in a heartbeat as I did.
Of course the 9,6 off that this guy had called my T1600 raise with took the hand and sent me on a very quick downward spiral.
I keep telling myself I was unlucky but can't help feeling like I need my ass kicked.
Any advice?

adanthar
08-20-2004, 09:11 PM
I don't know what you're looking for here...fold preflop or possibly lay down top set because of course the BB has to have exactly 96o to make this play? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Skunkbush
08-20-2004, 09:26 PM
There was no way you could have put him on that crappy of a hand that deep in a tourny. I don't even know how he got that far playing like that.

helpmeout
08-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Pretty weak bet preflop I'd have pushed a bit more. I dont want callers against pocket 10s.

96o is pretty bad though.

trillig
08-21-2004, 05:24 AM
We all run into baffoons...

Here's one from the other day that tops any I have heard in recent memory.

One difference: this baffoon lost [oh and this was a LIVE tourney]

Flop: J55

First bettor goes ALL-IN for remaining 3000.

Other guy still in calls and they both turn over cards.

Baffoon has, no kidding: 42o.... I was sitting to his immediate right and almost burst into laughter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another one....
Someone I know was playing NL recently:
PF and FLOP, $90 total was bet by my guy with AA, 1 caller.

Flop was T73r my guy is all in with last $60 after $30 PF raise.
Caller turns over 42 and gets turn: 4 river: 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this what crack does to people?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Your play was fine, baffoons will only win occasionally in the short run...
I don't go tilt anymore and when that type of play happens, say 'nice hand'
and then wait for next OP, with that play he is sure to feed someone soon enough, hopefully you!
It's his problem... don't LET it be yours....

-Bri

dogmeat
08-21-2004, 05:50 PM
From my perspective you should have bet the flop to begin with. However, since you did not - well, you got just what you wanted, a chance to get all in with your set. Bummer you lost though.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

DerryABU
08-21-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From my perspective you should have bet the flop to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised to T2400 pre-flop and just could not put the guy on a hand when I flop top trips.That's why I checked the flop.Bit me on the ass though.
I appreciate all the replies,thanks guys.

pokerstudAA
08-21-2004, 11:58 PM
Cannot really complain here. You got all your money in the pot with the top set. Unfortunately for you the BB made a mistake and called your raise with 2 crappy cards and lucked into a straight. I had the same situation happen to me the other day except I had AA got called by TT and he caught top set on the flop. Needless to say I also lost that tournament. Such is poker....

jwvdcw
08-22-2004, 12:22 AM
You did nothing wrong here. Just unlucky.

daryn
08-22-2004, 02:01 AM
where are the bad beat police?

ron dogg
08-22-2004, 02:27 AM
Played fine all the way. Sometimes a blind squirrel finds a chestnut, that's poker.

That is all,
R-

durron597
08-22-2004, 02:02 PM
If there were large antes I would raise a bit more preflop. Though he might have put you on a steal and thought you had any two cards; and then proceeded to get lucky.