PDA

View Full Version : Why won't Kerry release his military records?

eLROY
08-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Anybody know what the stated reason is?

cardcounter0
08-20-2004, 07:16 PM
They are available on his web site. Who ever told you he wouldn't release them obviously was lying for some odd reason. When will we see Bush's records of the time he spent in Alabama?

eLROY
08-20-2004, 11:23 PM
No, you seem to be wrong on at least one count, and also I think on another count. Bush has authorized the military to release all the records they have on his service. Kerry has said come to me, and you can only get the records which I choose to give you.

Rooster71
08-20-2004, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are available on his web site. Who ever told you he wouldn't release them obviously was lying for some odd reason. When will we see Bush's records of the time he spent in Alabama?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have heard that lie too. Typical Republican propaganda. Their spin machine assumes (sometimes correctly) that if a lie is told enough, then it will be perceived as truth by a majority of voters.

cardcounter0
08-20-2004, 11:36 PM
I guess if you are high on oxycontin there is a point there.

eLROY
08-21-2004, 09:29 PM
According to the Washinton Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html), Rooster71, you are just another lying Democrat bozo:

[ QUOTE ]
Although Kerry campaign officials insist that they have published Kerry's full military records on their Web site (with the exception of medical records shown briefly to reporters earlier this year), they have not permitted independent access to his original Navy records. A Freedom of Information Act request by The Post for Kerry's records produced six pages of information. A spokesman for the Navy Personnel Command, Mike McClellan, said he was not authorized to release the full file, which consists of at least a hundred pages.

[/ QUOTE ]

eLROY
08-21-2004, 09:30 PM
According to the Washinton Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html), cardcounter0, you are just another lying Democrat bozo:
[ QUOTE ]
Although Kerry campaign officials insist that they have published Kerry's full military records on their Web site (with the exception of medical records shown briefly to reporters earlier this year), they have not permitted independent access to his original Navy records. A Freedom of Information Act request by The Post for Kerry's records produced six pages of information. A spokesman for the Navy Personnel Command, Mike McClellan, said he was not authorized to release the full file, which consists of at least a hundred pages.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
08-21-2004, 09:39 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
According to the Washinton Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html), Rooster71, you are just another lying Democrat bozo:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhhhhhhhh facts... how refreshing.

Toro
08-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Of course the Shrub's key records went missing!

nothumb
08-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Hi Elroy,

I see you have taken over GWB's task of posting attacks drawn directly from some campaign web site or another. If you will give me the address of the site, I will start these trollish threads for you (thus padding my post count) and then respond angrily to them.

NT

P.S. This offer stands for the blue camp as well.

eLROY
08-21-2004, 11:04 PM
No, I really am curious, in a philosophical sort of way. The answer to the question of this thread is like traveling faster than the speed of light, or the sound of one hand clapping or something. It's like dozing off while driving, and then not remembering what you were thinking - ever. It's totally elusive, and yet not apparently explainable within the laws of physics. Is there an answer to why Kerry won't release his military records? Or is it like the square root of a negative number?

One time I was at the Blue Chalk cafe in Palo Alto, and the girl who was hitting on me went to the bathroom. Me and the girl she was with just sat there and stared at each other for like 10 minutes, it was really weird. Is there a person, among 6 billion, who knows why Kerry won't release his military records? Is finding that person like predicting a lottery number? Is it like Schrodinger's cat? Is it like a dream where you're falling and can't stop, and you wake up before you hit?

Why won't Kerry release his military records?

Hello? Is Kerry a real person? Am I posting on the web here, or am I dreaming?

Have I been shot through the looking glass into a world of spinning nonsense? Or do these words represent symbols which trigger common synapse responses which are isomorphous with physical structures and beings in an actual universe?

Why won't Kerry release his military records? Why won't somebody answer why Kerry won't release his military records? What are all these other words in this thread? What the heck is going on here?

nothumb
08-21-2004, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isomorphous

[/ QUOTE ]

Good word.

However, your post has a certain fatuous disingenuity to it. You clearly believe there is a reason for the failure to release these records, or wish to imply that there is one. Why don't you come out and say that you think they will demonstrate he didn't serve honorably after all? That he single-handedly committed war crimes so horrible that he triggered Abu Ghraib and inspired all those 'bad apples?' Or perhaps merely that he was a coward who faked injuries, took a few bogus medals and trotted off to Washington.

Also, who is it that blocks the release of his FOIA'd info? Kerry himself does not process those requests; actually, the Justice Department does. Some insight into this process would be helpful. Why won't John Ashcroft release Kerry's military records?

NT

jokerswild
08-22-2004, 02:13 AM
He didn't show up for over 90 days. What a patriot.

adios
08-22-2004, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, your post has a certain fatuous disingenuity to it. You clearly believe there is a reason for the failure to release these records, or wish to imply that there is one. Why don't you come out and say that you think they will demonstrate he didn't serve honorably after all? That he single-handedly committed war crimes so horrible that he triggered Abu Ghraib and inspired all those 'bad apples?' Or perhaps merely that he was a coward who faked injuries, took a few bogus medals and trotted off to Washington.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently Kerry has to sign a Standard Form 180. One thing for sure is that if the records withheld would shoot down the Swift Veterans for Truth claims without a shadow of a doubt they would have been released.