PDA

View Full Version : I got a funny comment yesterday about the hand that busted me

Sponger15SB
08-20-2004, 07:08 PM
I decided to sit myself down at a 7stud hi/low SNG on party, even though I've played stud sparcely and know nothing about it, but hey I was bored and I've heard the play is just insane and you can pretty much just fold yourself into the money, and these suspicions were confirmed when on Level 2 I saw 4 people cap 6th street.

Anyways, we way late in the tourney and this hand comes up. This crap player who we both have basically equal stacks brings it in for 100, I complete to 300 with (A K) K. I have like 300 left. Everyone folds back to him, and he raises all in with like 580 chips. I call and he flips up.

(4 8) 4

his next 4 cards were: 8 4 8 4. Giving him quad 4's, and if that wasn't good enough, 3 8's to go along with that.

Anyways, I decided to badger him about his play....

kunkdbz: thats the most ridicolous hand i have ever seen
Sponger15: what the [censored] were you doing raising into me with that hand after i completed
kunkdbz: what are you talking about im the only person here who deserves money
Sponger15: why is that?
kunkdbz: im morally superior to you
Sponger15: you've been saved by a low like 8x! (note: seriously this guy was all in like 3x only to get saved by an 8 low every time)
kunkdbz: im the only good person in the world

GrannyMae
08-20-2004, 07:16 PM
kunkdbz: im the only good person in the world

our cat feels this way about ME.

while she may non-human, i have decided to accept her judgement in lieu of any human agreements to her proclamation.

summary: kunkdbz is not only lucky, but a liar.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/heykitty.gif

shandrakor
08-20-2004, 08:24 PM
If the stud tourneys are really that rediculous, can anyone suggest a good book for learning stud?

ilya
08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
I found this highly amusing.

Thank you.

Sponger15SB
08-20-2004, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the stud tourneys are really that rediculous, can anyone suggest a good book for learning stud?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask ray zee, i've heard he plays stud, he might have a book to suggest for you.

for real i just sat there and played like 3 hands while betting rounds were being capped multiple ways in the later streets.

Paul2432
08-20-2004, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ask ray zee, i've heard he plays stud, he might have a book to suggest for you.

for real i just sat there and played like 3 hands while betting rounds were being capped multiple ways in the later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stud/8 betting will often get capped in the later streets if the action is multi-way. A made high and made low will raise each other back and forth. Generally, only a strong 2-way draw should stay in at this point unless the pot is very large.

Not sure if you were joking above, but Zee is the co-author of the 2+2 stud book and the author of the 2+2 stud/8, omaha/8 book.

BTW, in the hand you sited, your opponents play is not as bad as you think. Against AKK he is only a 58:42 dog. Combine that with the fact you could be bluffing and he is extremely short stacked, his all-in is not unreasonable. Opening for a full bet though might have been a better play.

Paul

itsmarty
08-21-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, I decided to badger him about his play....

[/ QUOTE ]

How about not doing that anymore?

Martin

Sponger15SB
08-21-2004, 01:44 AM
the point of the story wasn't that it wasn't a big beat or anything, i realize the %'s. i just wanted to rib the guy a little bit.

i just wanted to let everyone know what his comback was because it was pretty funny, and i wouldn't even of said anything about what hands we had if he didn't end up having 4444888, which i thought was pretty wild.

Sponger15SB
08-21-2004, 01:45 AM
No.