PDA

View Full Version : A bluff attempt, the imbelice called

Tharpab
08-20-2004, 05:24 PM
SNG at wpoker 5 seats top 2 paid(70-30)I had about T600 and was BB, SB had me covered and about T2000, 4 left.
I had K10s and knew I had to make a move quick because the blinds were at 30-60 and I was the shortest stack.
He minraises preflop which be have been doing 70% of the time, he is very lag loose, flop is Q 8 3, he minbets I raise him all in, the son of a * calls with K3 and no help came, I think this been my 4 or 5th dutch boyd bluff attempt and yet I'm called again and bust out, which way is better to bluff?Is this alright?

Sponger15SB
08-20-2004, 06:37 PM
i wouldn't exactly call that a horrible play by him.

lastchance
08-20-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SNG at wpoker 5 seats top 2 paid(70-30)I had about T600 and was BB, SB had me covered and about T2000, 4 left.
I had K10s and knew I had to make a move quick because the blinds were at 30-60 and I was the shortest stack.
He minraises preflop which be have been doing 70% of the time, he is very lag loose, flop is Q 8 3, he minbets I raise him all in, the son of a * calls with K3 and no help came, I think this been my 4 or 5th dutch boyd bluff attempt and yet I'm called again and bust out, which way is better to bluff?Is this alright?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell are you trying to bluff a loose player in the first place? If you're shortstacked and need to get some chips, against a loose player, you raise when you have to, but you hope the other guy has nothing, like he does. But, you can probably wait a bit longer for a better place to put your chips in. If he is that loose though, then don't be afraid to move in.

codewarrior
08-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Exact play by your opponent I would have made, I think. I'd put you on a steal. You made the correct play, and so did he.

Also, please don't refer to other players as "imbeciles." /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Phill S
08-22-2004, 08:46 AM
unless your refering to dutch boyd's business skills.

by business skills read 'would of gone to jail if company was under US juristiction'.

aaah, the face of modern poker, aint it great.

Phill

Stoneii
08-22-2004, 09:09 AM
i think you'll find he only called him an imbelice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

mackthefork
08-22-2004, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, please don't refer to other players as "imbeciles."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or indeed imbelices /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards Mack

knightunner
08-22-2004, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He minraises preflop which be have been doing 70% of the time, he is very lag loose, flop is Q 8 3, he minbets I raise him all in, the son of a * calls with K3 and no help came

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made the exact same call in similar situations and would do so in a heartbeat here, especially with a much larger stack.

~knight

tubbyspencer
09-01-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, please don't refer to other players as "imbeciles."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or indeed imbelices /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Imbelices is alright. But Imbeciles seems a little harsh. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

poboy
09-01-2004, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't exactly call that a horrible play by him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see he calls off 1/4 of his stack with bottom pair and gives the short stack a chance to double up. Exactly what would you consider a horrible play?

Vannek
09-01-2004, 08:59 PM
I made this move many times with an overpair, if he is a LAG and big stack, they usually call.

lastchance
09-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Just push preflop if you think you can get in with the best of it.