PDA

View Full Version : 10-20, Reckless or Genius?

Bigdaddydvo
08-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Gents,

Any sanity to this hand? I watched it unfold at a B&M 10-20 game. The winner was a local pro who walked away from the game about a grand up after only 90 or so minutes, and I'm trying to see if it was well played or just super aggression paying off at the right moment. The blinds folded on the flop, so the main contest is between the two hands below who limped preflop:

Four Limplers

Victim (MP): A9o
Pro: (button): Qh10h

Flop: A-9-3 w/one heart
Both blinds check, Victim bets out, Pro raises, Blinds Fold, Victim 3 bets, Pro calls.

Turn: 6h

Victim bets, Pro raises, Victim 3 bets, Pro calls.

River: 7h

Victim bets, Pro raises, Victim calls....

The rationale I saw, is that the pro raised to knock the blinds out and called one more SB after Aces Up reraised. The pro raise on 4th ST appeared like he was representing a set while in reality raising on the flush draw (doubt the pro continues if a heart doesn't fall on 4th ST) Aces up wasn't going anywhere and 3 bets with the best hand. When the magical second runner falls on the river, Victim gives credit to the set by only calling and is dismayed to see he loses yet another pot to runner runner.

My final analysis...very aggressive way to play the hand that will cost a boatload of $$$ if played the same way over a long period. Your thoughts?

haakee
08-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Reckless. Folding the flop in this small pot on the flop would have been the better alternative.

Analyst
08-20-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The rationale I saw, is that the pro raised to knock the blinds out . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

The pro has no hand to protect, so I don't see any reason to knock out the blinds, unless he was hoping to take the pot down right then and there with nothing. Pretty reckless.

surfdoc
08-20-2004, 08:08 PM
This looks like nothing more that a common runner runner suckout. Far from a "pro" play to my reading.

glen
08-20-2004, 08:52 PM
the "pro" played this hand in a recklessly retarded manner. . . .