PDA

View Full Version : TT - 3 questionable streets?

Tosh
08-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Only information on preflop raiser is that I hadn't seen him raise in my 30 minutes at the table. (that was what made me cold call rather than 3 bet, if the consensus is still to 3 bet - which I imagine it is, ok, but I would rather not focus on preflop)

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>.

rory
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Three bet if you are going to play preflop.

Raise the flop if you are going to continue on in the hand (I would just fold).

The turn raise is just spraying chips around-- nobody with the Ah is going to fold. This board likely hit the guy-who-hasn't-raised-in-half-an-hour in some way. There is no way you have a king or a set because you would have pounded the flop. So you are likely to get called down because someone has the draw and because someone doesn't believe you.

I dunno these plays don't work too well on Party-- everyone has learned to be a calling station later on in the hand. It especially doesn't work with a board that has probably hit one or more of the players in the hand.

-rory

sam h
08-20-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Three bet if you are going to play preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is all that cut and dry. I want to play TT against two opponents or less or five or more. So flat calling may be better if the blinds are likely to come in for one more bet but you will never fold the limper.

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop if you are going to continue on in the hand (I would just fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

A raise has merit if it might induce a jack to fold now or later. But folding here is pretty bad, as you are fairly likely to either have the best hand or the best draw and there are more than 10 SBs already in the pot.

James Boston
08-20-2004, 06:43 PM
What have you put him on that is worth only a call on the flop, but a raise on the turn after the board pairs, especially since he seems somewhat tight?