PDA

View Full Version : For those in a bad slump... some reassurance

Jurollo
08-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Just went through a streak of 11 out of the money and 13/15. Ended it with a 1st. Happens to everyone, so if anyone else is going through this, keep plugging, it happens to everyone.

RPatterson
08-21-2004, 12:34 AM
I went 5 in the money and now 4 out of the money. Such is life.

Jurollo
08-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Ended up having like 16/18 OOTM, then 3 sets of 4 with 3/4 OOTM, luckily two of those sets had a 1st, so i stayed even, then the last 3 sets of 4 on the day I got my usual 2 ITM, 2 OOTM, ended up only down $32 on the day, up from ($240+), not bad.

rusty JEDI
08-21-2004, 02:58 AM
I hadnt played sit and go's for over 4 months. I dont play much anymore and when i do its on a bonus. I use my stars bonuses to play sit and go's and i had a stockpile of $270 worth of bonuses their. I came back early this week and went.

1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, loss, 1st, then 12 losses in a row, 3rd, 4 more losses, 1st, loss.

This is where i am at now.

I used play the $30 + $3's but cant handle how long they take. I decided to try the $25 + $2 turbos and after those first 7 i was thinking they were pretty sweet. I guess sometimes when you run good you think you are better than you really are.

That slump with only one 3rd place in 17 tournies sure had me feeling like it would never end.

rJ

durron597
08-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Right now I just got out of 9 OOTM, with a crap streak immediately before that. Then the one where I broke the OOTM I played like scared money once we were in the money and took third; I need some time off /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LinusKS
08-21-2004, 11:14 AM
I lost eight in a row last night, featuring QQ v KK twice, KK v AA once, and QQ v JJ once, where the villain hit his set on the turn. This morning I tied AA v AA and then lost AQ v K9 and AK v AQ, putting me out of the tourn.

My longest run of losses was back in May, when I lost 20 in a row on the 17th and 18th.

Phill S
08-22-2004, 08:35 AM
i killed my bankroll over a two week period when nothing went right (talking like 6 or 7 ITM to over 40 OTM.

my week long break is over, and tomorrow im back to the grindstone.

losing streaks are a fact of tournements, especially SnGs

but boy do they hurt time after time. to the point where i knew i needed a break when i went all in with AA preflop in a raised pot, then typed nice catch, good game guys before it was even called.

by the way the board was K, K, blank, A, blank.

Phill