PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Checkup 21,000 Hands

RiverRatt
08-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I have hit 21, 000 hands in My pokerTracker Database.
Opinions and comments would be appreciated.

This database is from playing Limit 1-2 10 handed Full Ring games

I always play 4 tables at a Time. I think my stats would be a bit better if I played the players instead of playing the cardsbut when playing 4 tables a time playing the players isnt that easy.

Hands 21,039
BB/100 Hands 3.54
VPIP 20.40%
VPIP Small Blind 45.76
Folded SB to Steal 57.38
Folded BB to Steal 28.21
Attempt to Steal Blinds 42.81
Won$WSF 32.45
Went To SD 33.74
Won$AT SD 51.68%
Saw Flop All HAnds 26.82
Saw Flop Not A Blind 15.48
Folded BB to Steal HU 15.50
PreFlop Raise % 7.91
Limp/Call Raise Preflop .07%

Aggresion Factor

Pre Flop .54
Flop 2.65
Turn 2.19
River 1.81
Folded To River Bet 44.03%

When Folds Hands

No Fold 13.93%
Pre-Flop 72.33%
Flop 8.84%
Turn 2.93%
River 1.98%

I feel my SB still needs a bit of work, I am still completing to much, However this used to be up at 65.82% so this has shown improvement.

I also feel that perhaps I call a bit to much on the river when I am raised after betting the river.

I also feel that my HU play needs a bit of work(probably the weakest part of my ganme) as I am overly agressive when it is HU, especially when it is a blind steal, I have a hard time backing off when I am the one trying to steal the blinds or the victim of a blind steal. I find myself with a bit of Fancy play syndrome 3 betting the flop with nothing, overplaying top pair week kicker etc. For some reasone I feel that my opponent is overly agressive and is trying to bluff me out, even tho this is not the case,

I also finding myself calling a raise in the BB with weak hands such as 78 offsuit, K5 offsuit or 92Suited If I can get 8-1 or better for my money. I am not sure if this is a smart move or not. For example UTG 1 Raises, 3 callers and I complete in the BB with weak hands such as those mentioned above becaiuse I am getting 10-1 preflop.

This is only in the BB, I have no problems folding marginal hands in the SB now. I have plugged that leak in my game.

Please let me know where you think my game needs some work
and where I am doing ok at.

Thanks In Advance

RiverRatt
08-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Sorry For The Garbled Post, It's all Cleaned Up Now

meow_meow
08-20-2004, 05:23 PM
Hard for me to make many useful comments, as I play 5-10 6max. That being said, my VPIP through 20k is (marginally) lower than yours, for a shorter game, lol (probably my problem, not yours)

Anyway, the thing that really struck me was blind stealing and defence: trying to steal way too much, defending way too often, especially the bb.

Rudbaeck
08-20-2004, 06:37 PM
Improve blind play. (Well, mostly stopping stealing/defending so much.) You can see your stats for each position, take a long look at how deep in the red you are on sb and bb. If you only folded them you'd be -0.25 and -0.50 respectively. Add your UTG position win to this and you should see a good indication of where you 'should' be I think.

Other than that it looks stellar for 1/2. Move up to 2/4 already! /images/graemlins/smile.gif With your BB/100 you have nothing to worry about, you're not a losing player, and once you clean up blind play you'll probably come close to the definition of crushing the lower limits.

We can trade some blind aggression, I'm too weak at both defending and stealing.

Ps. For playing the player the External Game Time Window (one for each table) and autorequest hands every 5 mins is INVALUABLE. A quick check whenever someone does something fancy, or you are in a borderline situation.

sthief09
08-20-2004, 06:53 PM
comparing VP$IP between 6-max and full tables is like comparing apples to oranges. the reason for this is that there are a lot less limping opportunities in shorthanded tables, because so many hands are raised in front of you. the games are just completely different.

sthief09
08-20-2004, 06:55 PM
your ratio of VP$IP:PFR should be less than 2:1. you're probably limping too much with some fringe hands like ATo or KJo, but not raising in spots where you should.

rjc199
08-20-2004, 06:57 PM
This are just things that stuck out at me.

You seem a little too loose for me. VP$IP should be less than 20%. You're completeing too much from the SB. You need a bit more aggression post flop. I'd like to see flop near 4.0, turn near 3.0, and the river is fine where it is. The good thing is river aggression (I think) is one of the hardest things to learn. Betting the flop and turn are easy because you usually don't have to worry about scare cards.

Here is the edited part: Since the beginning of this month when I've tightened up in EP (basically using Ed's preflop guidlines for EP) at the 50c limit I'm VPIP 17% and my PFR is 8.71%, so I guess it is possible and correct to play this way. I also raise AJo and KQo UTG which he doesn't recommend, but I like a high PFR. I stand corrected!!!!

rjc199
08-20-2004, 07:05 PM
I really can't see how it is possible to have a VP$IP/PFR > 2.0 You would have to PFR over 9% of your hands, and this is a loose lowlimit game so we are correctly limping with all PPs and Axs! I don't know what hands you could add to your PFR arsenal that would be +EV! Certainly this ratio would be optimal at a shorthanded game, but this is a full ring game.

Rudbaeck
08-20-2004, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This are just things that stuck out at me.

You seem a little too loose for me. VP$IP should be less than 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you follow Ed's advice for tight loose games you'll end up on 20-22% VP$IP, depending on how loose the opposition is.

I'm a bit below 20 myself, mostly due to flat out refusing to limp with T8s and it's buddies in MP after two limpers. I want three, four if I am in LP. (I need five opponents to see the flop, and I am not gambling on a very marginal hand.) Same goes for baby pairs and Axs.

Many, many 2/4 tables at Party have a table average VP$IP of just over 20%. So gambling on there being enough limpers after you seems, well, at best break even. Hmm, I really should start a topic about this.

But his preflop play seems to be the only part that is contested too.

Eihli
08-21-2004, 01:13 AM
At 2/4 my VP$IP is 15.40 and my PFR is 9.01 and I do all the limping with Axs and low pairs that you speak of. By the way, I'm down $17.19 over the past 13k hands.

Senor Choppy
08-21-2004, 05:19 AM
Your numbers aren't perfect, but they look very good for 1/2. You should seriously consider moving up to 3/6, both for the experience and higher win rate.

Mons
08-21-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your numbers aren't perfect, but they look very good for 1/2. You should seriously consider moving up to 3/6, both for the experience and higher win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone with very similar numbers to the original poster, why would you recommend 3/6 before 2/4? Just out of curiosity.