PDA

View Full Version : Pacific SnG's

skirtus
08-20-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed before. Just wanted to post some success Ive had playing SnG's at Pacific. Deposited $400 at Pacific and got a $110 bonus. Whats nice about this bonus is you can play on their money. So I withdrew my original $400 and was left with $110 bankroll. Been mauling the $5 SnG's. Now I am mauling the $10 SnG's. The structure is good and the players are pretty weak. The downside is you can only play 1 table and the bonus is a bitch to release. I have 90 days to work of the bonus so I will do that at the limit tables. My strategy for Pacific is to ladder my way up. I move up as soon as I have 20 buyins for the next level. I'm not promoting the site but it's a good way to build a bankroll on another site without investing your own $$.

TheDrone
08-20-2004, 11:53 AM
There's nothing good about 800 in starting chips compared to other sites that offer 1000 or even 1500. But at least Pacific slowed the blind increases to every 15 hands instead of every 10 hands.

pzhon
08-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Can you check whether the SNGs help you to clear the bonus? My tests suggested that they did not. For example, I played a $10 SNG and my comp points didn't increase.

As long as you are not too scared of variance, and play ring games decently, it is not hard to clear the bonus at Pacific. Many tables at higher limits play like a Party 0.50-1 game. Many players play every face card, and don't raise preflop. SSH applies better to these games than to most online games.