PDA

View Full Version : Signing up at Party Skins

Beck
08-20-2004, 07:19 AM
I know about the deal, that you can't use the same computer to sign up for more than one Party skin.

I then used my friends PC to sign up for Intertops (allready have account at Party and Empire), but it turned out, that that machine too had been used previously, by another of his frineds, resuting in me getting the messaqge saying something like "we're sorry, but only one account bla bla bla".
I didn't have any problem making an account initially, but when I tried to sign on, problems arose.
Does that mean I'm now blacklisted, as they got my name or Am I free to find yet another clean machine?

Overdrive
08-20-2004, 11:28 AM
You can use the same computer to sign up at Party skins. On my computer I have Party, Empire, Intertops, and added Multipoker this week. What you have to do is delete the Party software and all the Party files on your computer so you have a 'clean computer.' Then download Empire. I used a different 'screenname' on each skin but my name, e-mail, address etc. was all the same. Then just download Party again and sign in with your Party name, then you will have both Party and Empire on the same computer. Just repeat this process if you want to add another skin like Multi or Intertops.

StogeyMike
08-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Actually, all you have to do is rename the PartyPoker folder to something else and you'll be fine. I did this, signed up at Empire, then renamed the folder back to PartyPoker. No delete/re-install required.

Alobar
08-20-2004, 01:46 PM
how come when I did this it didnt work?I Completely removed EVERYTHING and I Still got the error

shipit
08-20-2004, 03:20 PM
i did the same thing and im getting the error also and i deleted everything well at least i think i did lol

belowpoverty
08-20-2004, 03:35 PM
I'd like to do this, but am not a computer whiz--how do we find these files--like where are they??Could yu post a brief list so we don't miss any?? Presumably they're in the same place(s) on all computers used by dummies like me tht didn't override the defaults when installing. Thank you.

Thythe
08-20-2004, 03:36 PM
It's just so much easier to go elsewhere and sign up. You must have a local library nearby.

The delete method is one that sometimes works sometimes doesn't as we don't know exactly what Party looks for when trying to tell if you already have an account. If you are doing the delete method you may need to delete other files such as cookies, temp internet files...perhaps others.

illunious
08-20-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does that mean I'm now blacklisted, as they got my name or Am I free to find yet another clean machine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone answer this?

real843
08-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone answer this?

He is not blacklisted...

Hiding
08-20-2004, 08:11 PM
any chance you are on cable modem or fixed isp dsl?

Thythe
08-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Party does not have a blacklist. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

shipit
08-21-2004, 01:30 AM
i guess im not deleting everything that i should yes im on a cable modem

Overdrive
08-21-2004, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i did the same thing and im getting the error also and i deleted everything well at least i think i did lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a computer expert at all. But just make sure you have deleted all files that Party has created. Did you look at your hard drive and delete anything that had Party on it? You probably have some Party file(s) somewhere that you haven't deleted yet.