PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Dead?

J6o All In
08-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Pre-Flop Cold Call?
Flop Raise?
Turn Fold?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 19 BB

squamble
08-20-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm fairly new here, but I don't see the wisdom of the raise on the flop. You're unlikely to chase the better out of the pot (unless you had a specific read on this play with him), and you're decreasing any implied odds that could make your draw worthwhile by 1) making it more expensive for you and 2) possibly forcing others out of the pot.

I could see a bet if you were the first one in, so you could possibly win it right there or on a later street. However, a raise doesn't make sense to me.

What was your reasoning?

WarmonkEd
08-20-2004, 03:08 PM
He wants force people out. It improves his chances at winning when he does hit a A or Q and he may get himself the option of taking a free card on the turn.

On the turn, the pot is gigantic, I think I'd call.