PDA

View Full Version : Stupidsucker, others... $20--->$30 question

Jurollo
08-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Just a general question about the $30's and general pitfalls I should be on the look out for as I move the ladder one more rung from the $20's to the $30's. Currently I am at 25% ROI through 300+ SNGs at the $20+$2 level. Generally the play is still very poor. I will assume the largest different between the $30's and $20's would be more tight aggressive play. Should this still be fairly beatable? Just looking for a little insight.

stupidsucker
08-20-2004, 02:46 AM
I find the 30s just as easy as the 20s. Sometimes the bubble can be filled with some decent competition.

If you have the bankroll, I am sure you will probably do fine. Test it out. Stay off my tables please.

<TehBluffman>

Benholio
08-20-2004, 02:51 AM
I'm in about the same position that you are, Jurollo. I have ~200 $20's, and am sitting at around 27% roi.
I took my first attempt at moving up to the $30's yesterday, and since then I've played about 41 at the $30 level, and I've lost 9 bucks. Thats a very small sample space, and hopefully not what I'd expect in the long run. (I can recount several tournaments where I lost multiple favored hands in a row to bust out). One thing I _have_ noticed, though, is that there are a whole lot more tournaments where you have 5-7 people left at level 5, 6, 7, etc, which was pretty rare for the $20's that I've played so far.
Take these observations with a grain of salt of course, since my sample spaces are both small (200 and 40).
I am going to do another 50-100 at the $20's to build up some more spare bankroll and then take another run at the $30's, and I'll post my results then, if you'd like.