PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set weak play?

coyote
08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Alright, for the record I got a phone call I'd been waiting for after the flop and was distracted.

slow down too soon? Bet the turn? call down a raise?

RicktheRuler
08-20-2004, 12:41 AM
I would lead out on the turn...unless you are going for a check raise which i dont think is the proper play here just get the money in the pot. Honestly though, if my memory serves me right either one of these players could easily be in there with KQo, or some other ridiculous hand, so I dont think it matters what you do at this level, sounds terrible and ill probably get ripped for that, but I would seriously doubt you are behind based on the preflop play and the flop or the turn, but the river would scare me only becuase it is 5./1 stakes, but you still need to a call.

Pretty useless response, I apologize.

MoreWineII
08-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Bet the turn, 3-bet the river. What are you afraid of on the river?

AA and JJ raise PF. You think MP1 was capping the flop with a gut-shot or 10-10?

RicktheRuler
08-20-2004, 12:44 AM
"You think MP1 was capping the flop with a gut-shot or 10-10?"

I saw it happen on the time playing similar hands at this level.

MoreWineII
08-20-2004, 12:46 AM
*shrug* I don't fear 10-10, 66, or KQ here. I 3-bet that river all day long.

We could say, he *might* have.., he *could* have..., *maybe* he has...but basic hand reading combined with a little dose of logic tell us that villian probably doesn't have AA, JJ, KQ, 66, or 10-10.

If he does and my logic failed me, then I can live with that. I make a note on villian's weird play and move on the next hand.

coyote
08-20-2004, 12:50 AM
I think the moral of the story is don't take a phone call when you've flopped trips.

The flop cap worried me I guess, weak play. I'm learning.

slowly.

opponent showed: (in white) <font color="white">AJo for the flopped two pair MHIG</font>

TripleH68
08-20-2004, 12:54 AM
Is there a "bet/raise any" on Party Poker? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MoreWineII
08-20-2004, 12:54 AM
I actually expected to see A-10. I wonder why he checked the turn. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

coyote
08-20-2004, 01:07 AM
yeah, I don't understand the turn check by him either

MoreWineII
08-20-2004, 01:41 AM
If he was going for the check-raise, he was all screwed up. You showed strength on the flop, but you'd already checked. He didn't have any reason to think the other player would bet.

He can't possibly think the 6 helped anyone. Again, you probably would have raised PF with AA or JJ.

So the only possible hand he could have feared was 22.

Yet, he raised you on the river. Weird.