PDA

View Full Version : how to make the least possible money off a monster . . .

dumb ox
08-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. None.

In retrospect, I checked the flop when I should have bet and called when I should have raised; checked the river when I should have bet and then raised when I should have called. I got the river right though.

Is this critique correct?

No reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Patriarch
08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
I don't know why you checked the flop when a flush draw was possible, and then blew your chance to redeem yourself by not check-raising.
The turn card was the absolute best card possible for you, but unfortunately it didn't give anyone a monster flush. I don't mind the turn check because it would have given a made flush a chance to bet out and get into a raising war with you. I doubt that your raise stopped anyone from calling the first bet, because they would surely have been terrified by the third flush card along with the pair on the board. I'm thinking they would have folded here anyway.