PDA

View Full Version : Evil turn card

Saborion
08-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Comments on all streets would be appreciated since I'm so new at this.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t755)
SB (t815)
BB (t785)
Hero (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t830)
MP1 (t785)
MP2 (t790)
MP3 (t840)
CO (t800)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls t60, MP1 calls t60, MP2 calls t60, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>,

Flop: (t265) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t225</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls t225, MP2 folds.

Turn: (t715) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Now what?

Lori
08-20-2004, 12:15 AM
Now what?

Throw up.

It's actually not quite the hideous card it seems, even though it makes the board look like it came from hell.

It's a simple matter, realistically of whether he has the flush or not.

Since there is no way of knowing, I check this and then consider whether to call any bet.

If I bet, he's only calling if he's made his hand, however if I let him think I'm scared of the flush, I'll win on the occasions that he doesn't have it.

I may fold to a 'reasonable' bet, in the 175-275 range, but I'm calling little ones and all-ins.

I hate this hand.

Lori

Phill S
08-20-2004, 07:09 AM
All In???

i can understand calling the small bets, but have i missed something.

please enlighten me, im always willing to listen:

when you check to him you can induce a bluff, im there so far (and understand your not trying to induce one). with 700 in the pot and 500 left in the UTG stack, i can see why hed go allin on a bluff, its a really powerful move, however in the same terms i can see if he had the flush hed probably do the same.

maybe this is a party poker thing, but i rarely see bluffs all in in these terms on stars.

theres no reads on the opponant, so how can you be sure its a bluff if hes all in.

maybe im missing something...

Phill

Lori
08-20-2004, 12:09 PM
An all-in is much more likely to be a bluff than someone who is trying to get the max out of his flush.

I don't like it, it's not pretty, but I'm leaving myself quite short here and I feel that calling is probably the right play (Especially on Party, although I play more Stars than Party as well)
The all-in can be both a lunatic bluffing with next to nothing, or a good player sensing your fear of the flush.

Lori