PDA

View Full Version : Turn raise?

steveyz
08-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.83 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero ???</font>

mmcd
08-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Probably Call but its close. The boards really coordinated, but you have outs against 2 pair or the idiot end of the straight. If the guy won't 3-bet 2 pair there, then I think a raise would be a decent play. KJ and QJ are also likely suspects here so depending on how he plays/what you put him on a raise may be best. Will he call twice w/ KJ here? He'll certainly call the turn w QJ, but will he call the river too. You also have to a little concerned about UTG here IF he's reasonably tight player. KQo or KQs are likely suspects for an utg limp and a check/call on this flop. I guess it comes down how often you think you'll get 3-bet when you're behind, and how often you think you'll get called down when you're ahead. If you're ahead of top pair here and you flat call you'll certainly get the river bet for you. Depends on the opponents.

steveyz
08-20-2004, 12:23 AM
It was an unknown player that I had not seen get out of line yet, but I had only been sitting for maybe 2 or 3 orbits.