PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw, second pair... right out of SSH

ZootMurph
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
If I had not read SSH, I would not have raised preflop or pushed the betting. I was pretty sure I was behind the extremely loose (play any ace or king loose) calling station CO. He will bet if it is checked to him and he has a strong hand... but he never raises.

Anyway, my question here involves the turn... I'm not real strong at heads up play, and need to improve. That being said, I didn't think I was ahead, and I also was 75% sure I wouldn't get a free card if I checked. Was a bet the right move, or should I have checked hoping for a free card, then check/raised if he bet (this was the thought going through my head in this hand)?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZootMurphy is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">ZootMurphy raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>,

Flop: (7.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">ZootMurphy bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">ZootMurphy bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">ZootMurphy bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, between CO and ZootMurphy.</font>

Ponks
08-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I'd probably keep on betting like you did. He might fold right there and you have a lot of outs.

How come you didnt think you were ahead? Is this player so passive he wont raise top pair on the flop? If he's this bad he'd probably call you down with hands that you beat like QJ TJ, he could have a gutshot with KQ or KT. Seems to me like you might have the best hand and you have a great draw.

Ponks

dumb ox
08-19-2004, 11:35 PM
If you didn't think you were ahead on the turn, a check raise is probably not a good idea. He doesn't sound like he would have folded.

MoreWineII
08-19-2004, 11:36 PM
I like.

ZootMurph
08-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Ponks... yes, he is THAT passive. He'd bet if checked to with top pair, but would not raise. He's just as likely to have A2o as AT or a decent kicker. He showed down A5o, so it was a nice river.

But yes, I had a ton of outs, and that's why I kept betting.

colgin
08-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Zoot,

This looks good to me. If a total blank had come on the river then your decision on whether to bet or not is player dependent but against an unknown low limit online player I would tend to bet.

Colgin

sublime
08-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Oh My god

You have to bet this turn!

Ed Miller
08-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I was pretty sure I was behind the extremely loose (play any ace or king loose) calling station CO.

Why on earth would you assume that you are behind the "extremely loose calling station"?

Nottom
08-20-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, my question here involves the turn... I'm not real strong at heads up play, and need to improve. That being said, I didn't think I was ahead, and I also was 75% sure I wouldn't get a free card if I checked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are ahead here much more often that you are giving yourself credit for.