PDA

View Full Version : game thoery question (long)

MrTeddyKGB
08-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Sorry that I don't have the math background of most of the posters here but I am trying to learn and this forum has been very useful, so thanks.
My question is a general one but any analysis of this example or errors in my way of thinking would be of help.
I want to use game theory to randomize my decisions in simple heads up situations against opponents who may be better than me (or unknown to me)and to keep others from picking up a pattern in my play.
From my understanding of game thoery if I am heads up with an oppenet who checks on the end with what is I read to be a small pair and checks to me when an ace hits the river. If the pot had 5 BB's at that point then the odds should be 5-1 against me bluffing in this spot Correct?
If I reverse the situation and I am the one with the small pair against an unknown opp, or one that seems to bluff in a random way, can I use game thoery to randomize my calling decision to keep him from getting a read on how often I will call or fold in a situation. He may start bluffing or value betting me more. Is there a calling raito to size of the pot that will keep my form lossing too much in that situation untill I know the opp beter. i.e. if a pot had 5 bb's and I am getting 6-1 on my call how often could I call in a mixed random way to keep me from losing more than I should (assuming I judge my hand only able to beat a bluff). Any response mathamaticly or abstract would be of help. Thanks in advance.