PDA

View Full Version : How long for you to recover from a stupid mistake/

Big Country
08-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Just curious how long it takes some of you to recover after making a stupid play.

I was playing in theParty 30+3 last ngiht and doing well. Started with 1500 players, and were down ot about 225 players when I made a bad move. I was slightly above average with about 6000 in chips, when I ended up going all in with nothing moe than a draw. I felt my opponent was trying to buy it ashe had done a few time before, but I got myself committed preflop with a suited A9 and pushed it with 4 to a straight on the turn.

part letting myself get tired, part not believingthe opponent actually had anything.

Anyway, he had kings and took me out and I've been dwelling on how stupid it was ofme to let myself do that after playing well until that point. It was the best I had done in a MTT (havent played many), so maybe I let the pressure of that get to me.

anyway, I've just been beating myself up over this, replaying the hand and seeing how I pretty much made a mistake on every street with it and more or less wanted to vent a bit.

HentaiGaijin
08-19-2004, 09:31 PM
It can be hard to let it go, but that's what you have to do. Let it go. You'll have a hundred opportunities to play another hand like that and next time you'll remember your mistake and consider alternatives.

One way to "let it go" is to keep a sense of perspective. This hand is just one in tens of thousands you will play. Learn what you can from it.