PDA

View Full Version : Stars 2/4 - is this typical?

Prod1gy
08-19-2004, 05:12 PM
I have been handed beats like this over and over and over on stars lately when playing the limit ring games. This is worse than partypoker suckouts. Whats going on here!?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: GodHelpUsAll is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">GodHelpUsAll raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">GodHelpUsAll bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">GodHelpUsAll 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, GodHelpUsAll calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">GodHelpUsAll bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">GodHelpUsAll 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, GodHelpUsAll calls.

River: (21.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">GodHelpUsAll bets $1.5 (All-In)</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 23.62 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 2c Kh (two pair, kings and twos).
GodHelpUsAll shows Qh Qc (one pair, queens).
CO shows 8s 4s (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins 23.62 BB. </font>

bdk3clash
08-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Did you have some reads you didn't tell us about? I question the initial turn bet. I seriously question the turn 3-bet. I very seriously question you being all-in in a limit game.

Having read the results (don't include them next time!), I know that both BB and CO are 'tards, but for god's sake, you are probably behind given the flop action and you just picked up a draw on the turn. Check and call the turn; feel free to call the river because of the size of the pot.

This is the hand history of every shortstacked small stakes player online who has decided this is the hand he's going to stack off with before seeing the flop.

James Boston
08-19-2004, 05:21 PM
You didn't mention a read on the CO. Did you know him to be such a maniac. If not, why didn't you slow down with an ace/possible flush on board?

MoreWineII
08-19-2004, 05:23 PM
a.) All-in = bad.

b.) You do realize that you're playing against one player who bet the entire way with 8-high and another who called the whole way with bottom pair, right? Where's the problem? Re-buy (with enough chips this time) and get back in this game!

colgin
08-19-2004, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is worse than partypoker suckouts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo hoo.

[ QUOTE ]
Whats going on here!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great game selection on your part. If you can keep finding these opponents at Stars you should do quite well in the long run. Seriously. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

All the best.

Colgin

Prod1gy
08-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Sorry I did forget to mention that the CO would raise and reraise ANYTHING to the river. The BB called raises on several hands with nothing more than 2nd or 3rd pair. I knew I was ahead.

I was sure the BB didn't have an ace because he didn't bet out on the turn, and only called.

And I honestly had no idea what the CO had, but as he did most other hands, I assumed he had something similar to what he showed.

Aces McGee
08-19-2004, 05:29 PM
The cutoff raised an all-in player with eight high?

Incredible.

Anyway, on the flop, CO's hand looks like a flush draw, top pair with a good kicker (probably an ace), or a set.

That makes the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif a pretty bad card for you, huh?

Betting the turn is fine with me, although so is checking. Three-betting it is overkill.

-McGee

EDIT: Now he tells us the CO is a maniac.

Prod1gy
08-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Yes, I had some reads. Thats why I 3-bet the turn. CO was a total freaking moron, I think he was just giving his money away on purpose. BB called down and raised several times on flop with 2nd and 3rd pair.

He didn't bet out on the turn, he just called. So I knew I was ahead..

Guy McSucker
08-19-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Now he tells us the CO is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found a clue in the original post...

Guy.

sfer
08-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Thankfully, these suckouts are typical.

James Boston
08-19-2004, 06:00 PM
I counted 4 cold-calls from the BB with bottom pair (5 counting the rivered 2-pair), so he's not going away. The CO will raise and re-raise with anything. Great game! Not much you could have done with that hand though.

lefty rosen
08-19-2004, 06:22 PM
This is low limit if you can't find morons on these tables then it's time to move on. Was this short or full table? Short has more of the King 2 types while the full is a total rock garden.........

wayabvpar
08-19-2004, 06:37 PM
I play Stars 2/4...I wonder if I would recognize these guys? Feel free to PM me their names so I can start looking for their tables!

lefty rosen
08-20-2004, 06:13 AM
One guy goes by the name Lefty Rosen and another guy is Cubswin, not sure who the third is........