PDA

View Full Version : I was honestly stumped...

Zing Zing
08-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Here is the situation:
$11 Rebuy on Star at 11 in the morning, 320 some players, we are down to 18 now.
Blinds: 3000-6000 with 300 ante
My stack: 108,776 and I am in the Big Blind
Opponent Stack: 144,358 He is Small blind

Everyone folds around to the SB, he completes and I check with the 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop is: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif

He bets the minimum T6,000
My thought process was that he had nothing and was just taking a stab it, so I just called. Pot is at about T26,000.

Turn is the 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Now there is a possible flush out there. Here is where it gets tricky, he bets T90,000. Now I just stop and think for a second, he just bet 90k into a 26k pot, wtf?! That move just screams bluff, but I haven't been at his table long enough to really know how he plays, and I have never played with him before. I just wasn't sure, I ruled out him having a Ten with a better kicker, the only thing I could think of is whether he really had the flush or not, and the way the hand was played out he simply convinced me he didn't have anything, so after asking for some super quick advice from friends and my time bank at 8 seconds I finally shoved in my extra 6k from the 90k bet and he actually thought for about 10 seconds before calling with the 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

That took me out and I finished 18th, based on this info what would you do and why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

SossMan
08-19-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm raising the flop because I'm going to do the same thing with JQ, 25o, A7s etc...

I think you have to call the overbet on the turn...too often it is an A /images/graemlins/club.gifor K /images/graemlins/club.gif trying to buy it right there.

AceKQJT
08-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't like the flat call on the flop. How can you possibly put him on any hand or range of hands? When you say

[ QUOTE ]
My thought process was that he had nothing and was just taking a stab it, so I just called.

[/ QUOTE ]
you really mean "I wish he has nothing, not even a flush draw."

I raise the flop bet. If I take it down there, well, that's fine with me. If he flat calls, then I have to assume he has something (which is a lot more info than I would gather by simply calling). Then when the flush card hits the turn, I'll make a decision based on his action.

--Casey

ron dogg
08-19-2004, 11:13 PM
On my computer, i'm typing in 24000 for the raise. At this stage in the tourney I prefer to err on the side of caution. If he calls, make a decision on the turn