PDA

View Full Version : Psychological eval please

CardCuda
08-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Just curious if the comments tossed around in the following hand earned me any more BB's and also if me playing the hand in the first place was insane?

Local B&M $3-6 very loose table -

I'm on a pretty good rush, 4 of the last 6 pots I've played and hitting pretty much everything I've had AA, KK, and JJ in 3 of the previous 4 hands and all 3 held for decent sized pots.

Main characters:

MP - Middle aged, nice guy, who's stuck about $300 just bought another rack, kinda feel sorry for him (but not really) he's been rivered quite a bit and currently tilting.

UTG+1 - Debbie 61 years young, I believe, super nice lady, weak tight calling station, just plays "cause it's fun".

hero is CO with J /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Comments preflop:

MP - Oh my! as he tosses in $6

Hero - Nice hand huh? as I toss in $9
MP - I gotcha this time (tosses in $12), build my pot.

UTG folds, 3 limpers, MP raises, all call to hero 3 bets, blinds fold, UTG+1 folds, called to MP caps, all call. 7 to the flop:

J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

MP: Hmm...diamonds oh well...I bet
Debbie: giggling - (too funny, she's a kick in the pants)
Hero: I can still suck out on ya - raises to $6
Debbie: still gigglin'
MP: Flush draw huh? your AK of diamonds is no good right now....Well gotta protect my Aces, tosses in 9
Hero: In that case I should say nice hand and just give ya $54.00, but got my runnin' shoes on.
Debbie: I gotchya both beat...giggles.
MP: Shoulda raised then Debbie.

Checked to MP who bets, folded to hero raises, UTG+1 calls, folded to MP 3 bets, I cap, both call. 3 to the turn =

9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP: No diamonds for you.
Hero: Bummer for me.
Debbie: Wow this is a big pot.
MP: Keep calling my raises.
Hero: I can't call, raise or fold is my only option.
MP: Then you should've folded.
Hero: Pot is too big now, but to be honest Debbie has me worried.
MP: She's on a straight draw.
Hero: Already there I'd bet.
Debbie: Shush...with big grin.

Debbie checks, MP bets, hero raises, Debbie calls, MP 3 bets, Hero caps, Debbie calls, MP calls.

River = T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero: Like I said I'm pretty worried about the straight now.
MP: I can't believe it, damn river.
Hero: I believe she has us both beat.
MP: Then why are you raising? No diamonds...No flush.
Hero: Cause I don't belive you have Aces and Debbie will call anything down plus she's a nice lady and I feel like giving here some money back, if in fact she has the straight.
Debbie: Thank you.
MP: I can't believe it. Your wrong about 1 thing I have aces!
Hero: (after he called the cap) - I know and debbie flopped the straight.

MP - Flips over A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif steaming /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Debbie - has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif - and calls me a "lucky little sh*t" /images/graemlins/grin.gif ....I agreed and bought her drinks the rest of the night, offered to buy MP's but he left shortly after.

bdk3clash
08-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Perfectly played on all streets.

PS-Gambool.

Noo Yawk
08-19-2004, 04:01 PM
There's nothing better than a loose fun table.
Nice job!

Al Schoonmaker
08-19-2004, 04:40 PM
You described Debbie as a "weak tight calling station."

There is no such thing.

Al

onegymrat
08-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi Cuda,

This is a nice recall of the hand. To have so much detail probably means that it was a good, fun table and obviously profitable. I don't think your chatter had one iota of influence on your bets won. Tilter was going all the way strong, trying to win back his three racks. Old lady will just call you down, regardless of 5 or 500BB in the pot. You hand was well played postflop. I don't like your preflop call at all.

Dr. Al beat me to it. Weak-tight calling station does not exist.