PDA

View Full Version : Relationship ADVICE

iamonlyme
08-19-2004, 02:57 PM
I would like some advice, here you go.,
My boyfriend is a very fanatic Poker player, he play poker in the morning, Lunch, at night, midnight, He never have time for me /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif so, I decide to start playing poker with him, so I can spend all the time together, I would like to know some tips for me...please, could someone please explain a little poker for me, and what kind of book I have to read,

I really love my boyfriend,and I want to impress him,
/images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

James Boston
08-19-2004, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really love my boyfriend,and I want to impress him

[/ QUOTE ]

Work harder on distracting him from poker. It can be done- unless he's actually gay. I suggest lots and lots of sex.

Dominic
08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
The Idiots Guide to Poker is a great beginners book

Boris
08-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Hold'em Poker For Advanced Players is the best one to start with. Good Luck.

Cubswin
08-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Why dont you just ask your boyfriend for some advice on poker? My girlfriend isnt the least bit interestd in poker but if she were serious about it I would teach her in a second and would enjoy sharing a common hobby.

That being said, dont use the poker as a means to spend lots of time with him. I am a completely different person when i play poker and can get quite irritable and sometimes i find it hard to IM with some of my buddies. Give him his space when he plays but ask about strategy when he is not. Ask him good questions and most importantly listen and apply what he has to say (im assuming he is good).

I would be most impressed with a girl that shows real interest with the game but doesnt cross that line and use it as a means to leech onto their man. Ask him to teach you the game but just remember to give him his space when he is playing... that is the best advice i can give you.

good luck
cubswin

vulturesrow
08-19-2004, 07:06 PM
If you are younger than 18 and a poster named Erostratus PMs you, DONT ANSWER!

Cubswin
08-19-2004, 07:13 PM
too funny... but solid advice /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cubs