PDA

View Full Version : Do you bet turn, river?

JTrout
08-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">8 folds</font>, BB calls,

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 3.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 3.16 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (3.16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 3d 9s (one pair, threes).
Hero shows 8d 8h (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 3.16 BB. </font>

Rico Suave
08-19-2004, 02:36 PM
Jtrout:

I think I would bet the turn and checking behind on the river.

--Rico

zram21
08-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I generally wouldn't raise with this preflop from UTG. However with that being said once it was heads up I would bet the flop, turn, and river. Your opponent would have raised you with an A. He might be calling down with a T, but he might alos fold a T on the river if you keep firing away like you have an A.

TheRake
08-19-2004, 03:01 PM
My usual line against "normal" players is to bet the flop, bet the turn, and check behind on the river. Many players will call the flop with any kind of trash backdoor draw or any small piece of the board. I like to give them a chance to fold on the turn or charge them if they are still drawing at that point.

TheRake