PDA

View Full Version : How you bet this flopped boat?

MAxx
08-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

PokerNoob
08-19-2004, 02:30 PM
I would raise the flop. If somebody has a 7 they will go to war and the dead flush draws will pay through the nose. If the board pairs, so be it.

JTrout
08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
I agree w/ Noob. Raise the flop. All kind of hands that may pay off/ re-raise.

MAxx
08-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I wasn't really worried about a 7... I just wanted to encourage flush/straight drawers. In other words I didnt want to scare them off... because that is that is what i felt may be out there. I wasn't concerned about a seven, I would have welcomed one to break out into fight. I just waited until turn and it brought a real nice action card. Was I correct to raise here, or wait? I think I know that it would have been wrong to wait any longer. I think you are right that the flush draws would call my raise on the flop, so I probably missed a few bets.

squamble
08-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Personally, I like your play. Your call on the flop encourages all the draws, including things like overcards. Calling is less likely to drive anyone out of the pot, and you definitely want callers.

More importantly, calling makes it very likely that you'll get to raise on the turn when the bets double. If you raise on the flop, the turn will likely get checked to you.

sthief09
08-19-2004, 04:26 PM
you'll make more money by playing it fast. there are all kinds of draws and people generally don't respect flop raises. you basically killed your action by playing it like someone who flopped or turned a monster.

mikeyKay
08-19-2004, 04:26 PM
i like the idea of betting this one early and often...when somebody has a big draw, or flopped 3 7's, your betting will not knock them out and hopefully they will raise. best case, somebody else has a big hand and you can go to a raising war. otherwise, its a pretty scary board and i dont see lots of bad hands sticking around. id take the risk of making a ton of money against another big and knocking everyone out VS trying to slow it down and keep other hands in. if the flop was less draw oriented, i might think of slowing down.

-mike

Trix
08-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Play fast and hope someone else have something worth spraying chips with.

MAxx
08-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 5c 4c (flush, nine high).
Hero shows 6h 6d (full house, sixes full of sevens).
MP3 shows Qc 8c (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>