PDA

View Full Version : Boycott McDonalds!!!

Q8offsuit
08-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Wow, I have no clue what mental giants are running this once-great corporation into the ground.

I have not eaten one bite of McDonalds in over two years.

They absolutely ruined the best thing they had going (the fries).

Apparently, the french fries used to be fried in grease using animal-byproducts (see: Lard). Nobody with a pulse could resist the golden ambrosia that were McDonalds french fries.

Now, a bunch of limp-wristed, milquetoast, vegetarian dirty hippies has "forced" Mickey D's to change their oil to vegetable oil which is supposedly "better for you" (because they know).

Consuming these "new" fries, and longing for the "old" ones made me want to vomit in terror. They are pretty much indigestible. Also, for all the McDonalds breakfast fans out there (a huge legion, I'm sure) they have also ruined their hash browns, rendering them as worthless as the french fries.

In a related move, McDonald's has either down-sized or eliminated (not sure which) their super-sizing program (one of the great symbols of American consumerism and a great way to make Liberals mad) and started to sell "Adult Happy Meals" which contain a salad, bottled water, and a pedometer ?!?!

Apparently McDonalds is the new stop-off for Soccer Moms on the way to the gym. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

And don't get me started on their unimaginably lame "I'm lovin' it" commercials which are like a slap in the face to any urban youth or hip-hop fan.

So, let's recap- One of our formerly great corporations is now being run into the ground by ignoring their two largest and most loyal consumer bases:

The morbidly obese and/or Inner City residents.

If they care so little about their consumer bases, and don't care at all about the quality of their product, I don't see why they should get another red cent of my money.

Thanks for listening to my random rant. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 02:20 PM
I think their sales are up.

craig r
08-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Now, a bunch of limp-wristed, milquetoast, vegetarian dirty hippies has "forced" Mickey D's to change their oil to vegetable oil which is supposedly "better for you" (because they know).

Actually, McDonalds has been frying their fries in vegetable oil for a very long time. What vegetarians and religous groups were upset about was that, McDonalds claimed their fries were vegetarian, but they were still sprayed with lard before they were frozen. McDonalds had to pay $10 million, as ordered by a court.

Q8offsuit
08-19-2004, 02:33 PM
OK- good to know. I assumed the lard was in the oil, not sprayed on. There is no doubt that they taste very different w/o it.

What happened to lard anyway? Did it go the way of buttermilk?

PS - Hopefully everybody got the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 02:42 PM
I thought the whole post was pretty damn funny

Gamblor
08-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Hopefully everybody got the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post.

Your post was funny until I read this.

The #1 rule of comedy

Never justify your humour.

scotnt73
08-19-2004, 03:19 PM
do you look just like John Cleese or is that a picture of him?

Q8offsuit
08-19-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you look just like John Cleese or is that a picture of him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish. This is a pic of him from the greatest show of all time "Fawlty Towers."

jwvdcw
08-19-2004, 07:01 PM
go see that documentary, and you'll never want to eat it again anyway.

arx
08-19-2004, 08:13 PM
My name is NOT Manuel, but I AM from Barcelona....

Donīt hit me... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ray Zee
08-19-2004, 11:04 PM
i find a direct correlation between people that play queen eight off suit and lard eaters. both are going down the path of destruction. repent while you still have a chance and become a natural food eater.

daveymck
08-20-2004, 06:02 AM
I only goto Macdonalds for Waldorf Salad but they never seem to manage to serve it to me.

bosoxfan
08-20-2004, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Milquetoast is my favorite word. Thanks for using it.

craig r
08-20-2004, 07:20 PM
what do you mean by "natural food eater?" i have heard this term many times, but always get different definitions.

craig

Dominic
08-20-2004, 11:06 PM
You know, this brings up another point about McDonalds that has been bugging me for years now...when I was a kid, going to McDonalds was a TREAT...a special night reserved for those nights when Dad was working late and Mom just didn't want to cook anything, dammit.

So we got in the car, drove to Mickey D's, got the food...and drove home...boy, that drive home was tough with the tantalizing smell wafting throught the car...sometimes my Mom would buy some extra fries for the ride home...I always got a Bic Mac, large fries, a chocolate shake and a coke...I was in heaven...

Now here's where my problems arise...In the twenty or thirty years since that idylic time of happy McDonalds consumerism, I will, ever so rarely, get a Big Mac attack and go get one.

Is it the same taste and scrupmtious smell I remember? Is the bun fluffy, the special sauce tangy, the meat at least recognizable as something remotely edible?

No. The burger looks like something out of the Michael Douglas movie "Falling Down," where he lays waste to a fast food restaurant when the burger he receives doesn't look anything like the picture on the menu board.

This is not my Big Mac of old.

And, as we've discussed, the fries now suck.

So I ask you...did McDonalds really go down hill? Or has it always been thus and this is just a case of a maturing palate not meshing with a beloved memory?

Ah, well.....

Once home, we'd pass out the various sandwiches...

Schneids
08-21-2004, 08:54 AM
I assume your thoughts must extend to Chipotle as well?

CollegePlayer
08-21-2004, 01:59 PM
end of story.

Al_Capone_Junior
08-21-2004, 02:18 PM
McDonald's has always basically SUCKED MAJOR ASS in the first place. Their fries are bland and tasteless, just like they always have been. Give me a nice plate of steak fries with the skins on anytime. How anyone could tell the difference when they switch oils is beyond me, they SUCKED before, they'll CONTINUE TO SUCK in the future, just like all Mcdoonald's everywhere.

al

Tuco
08-22-2004, 01:27 AM
From the great Stubbs/O'Reilly episode:

O'Reilly: The problem with you, Mr. Fawlty, is that you worry too much. You keep it up like this, you'll have a stroke before fifty. Stone dead you'll be.

Basil Fawlty: Suits me.

O'Reilly: Oh! That's a dreadful thing to say.

Basil Fawlty: Not at all. Get a bit of peace.

O'Reilly: Don't be so morbid. The Good Lord made the world so that we could all enjoy ourselves.

Basil Fawlty: Look, my wife enjoys herself. I worry.

O'Reilly: Well, let me tell you, if the Lord had meant us to worry, he would have given us things to worry about.

Basil Fawlty: HE HAS! MY WIFE!! She will be back here in four hours and she can kill a man at ten paces with one blow of her tongue! How am I supposed not to worry?

O'Reilly: Just remember, Mr. Fawlty, there's always somebody worse off than yourself.

Basil Fawlty: Is there? Well I'd like to meet him. I could do with a laugh.

O'Reilly: You'll have to worry for the both of us. I tell you, if the Good Lord---

Basil Fawlty: ---is mentioned ONCE more, I shall move you closer to him!

Tuco.

daryn
08-22-2004, 01:55 AM
i agree with al capone jr.

mcdonald's food is poison for your body, yet millions of people eat it daily. i honestly don't get the fascination. it's so low-quality.

i'm not a naturalist or anything like ray zee, although that's probably the best way to live, but i'm just saying mcdonald's food is shitty. al you got me hungry talking about nice steak fries.