PDA

View Full Version : 5 + .50 MTT

beerbandit
08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
mtt table on ub approx. 600 top 50 pay

150 - 300 blinds 25 ante

after the first break im third short stack at the table with 2500t ---- there is about 100 players left. table is fairly tight mainly min-raises and then one caller.

i get dealt aq hearts in mid position --- utg raises to 1200t and the next player moves in for 2000t folded to me.

i hold : aq/images/graemlins/heart.gif

utg has me covered by 2x

four players left to act behind me

my move?

thanks

beer

SossMan
08-19-2004, 01:13 PM
I would fold to just the UTG raise, so I'm certainly folding to the additional allin.

I play tightly vs. an EP raiser at a tight table w/ a potentially dominated hand.

Cleveland Guy
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
FOLD!

That's a big UTG raise for a tight table, and then to have it re-raised? You have got to believe the first guy to bet is going to call the remaining 800.

So what range of hands could each of these be holding that an AQs would be in good posotion against?

Potowame
08-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey Beer, I have been mainly playing the UB 5.50 MTT myself. I haven't found one of those "tight" tables yet though.

I would also fold this with AQs. I think you would have a better chance at picking up the blinds from MP-Button with a All-in steal than win this hand, and wait for the Position that you can be the Bettor not the caller with AQs.

Hope to see ya at one of these, how often do you play them?

beerbandit
08-19-2004, 03:03 PM
i know i hadnt played at a table like this before either

there were a lot of the big stacks at the table----it seemed there were a lot of min-raises that got the pot hu

i try to play as many as possible maybe one a day and a few on sat and sun

i like the plo rebuy on sat. and the 7s

do good
beer_bandit

Potowame
08-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Those big stack mini raises are mainly any two from any position, Thats been my experience in these 5.5 on UB.

Exp: short stacked last night blinds 200/400

big stack T15000 limps utg fold fold
big stack T19000 mini raises mp1 fold
Hero T2100 A10s had to make a move, and seen these guys doing this crap with any two for 20 mins. I push.

Fold to utg calls , mp1 calls

Flop A 9 6

I think sweat, but the UTG bets out 2000 and the MP calls. I think GG.

turn 10

Iam like hell yeah.

The the UTG bets out 2000 and mp goes All-IN. again I think GG 1010 hit his set, or already it his set, no way this joker called with 78. UTG folds.

River 10

Hell yeah /images/graemlins/grin.gif, Mp starts to bitch as his hand turns up

A10s Vs. 78os

I wouldn't take this as a norm, but the LAGGY big stacks, seem to be raising with about anything. Most of the time its a mini raise. I am usually alittle more worried about thier big raises and limps than thier minis.