PDA

View Full Version : The best video game of all time for a console

jagoff
08-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I am gonna go out on a limb and say Golden Eye for the N64! Bring the heat boys!

nicky g
08-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Hard to beat. GTA3 when it first came out on PS2 seemed completely amazing. But it hasn't aged so well.

WC64
08-19-2004, 11:54 AM
I would agree when GTA3 first came out it seemed like the greatest thing and was really hard to find.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
GTA:VC smashed GTA3, and I expect GTA:SA to be even better.

I will second Goldeneye..... I am not sure I spent more time playing a game than this one.... close second in Mario Kart 64, which was better than Mario Kart!!!!!

But overall best game??? hmmm thats simply to hard to call, Zelda was simply awesome, so were all the Marios.

Utah
08-19-2004, 12:02 PM
ESPN football for XBOX. The graphics are unreal and the gameplay is the best of any football game ever.

nicky g
08-19-2004, 12:05 PM
"GTA:VC smashed GTA3"

No way dude. I mean yeah it was a better game, but it was just the same kind of thing in a different city. When GTA3 came out it was the most exciting game ever. When VC came out it was just a fine sequel to the original; nothing to get over-excited about.

Gamblor
08-19-2004, 12:05 PM
NHL 95 on Super Nintendo.

The gameplay was incredible, the cheap auto-score-every-time move was gone, and they brought fights back.

Victor
08-19-2004, 12:14 PM
If it wasnt for poker I would probably still be doint time trials.

kerssens
08-19-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN football for XBOX. The graphics are unreal and the gameplay is the best of any football game ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Madden beats the hell out of ESPN...not even close

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 12:17 PM
the shock value may have wore off from GTA3 to VC, but VC was a much better game. It had more depth, new vehicles, buying property, more gangs... and way bigger. I agree that GTA3 was a total blast to play, but it only got better IMO with VC. There both classics in my book, so I suppose we are simply arguing over preference, so whatever /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kerssens
08-19-2004, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NHL 95 on Super Nintendo

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one where after you knocked the guy out there was a little pool of blood on the ice?

Lumpy
08-19-2004, 12:25 PM
SpeedBall 2 on Sega Genesis. Still play to this day with a Genesis emulator. Highly addicting.

nicky g
08-19-2004, 12:31 PM
"SpeedBall 2 on Sega Genesis. Still play to this day with a Genesis emulator. Highly addicting. "

Man I forgot about that. I only ever played this on Amiga so it doesn't strictly count, but yes, the greatest game of all time, especially if you are grading it by the competition of the era.

vulturesrow
08-19-2004, 12:34 PM
Everyone here is wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif While I applaud your choices and in fact think many of them are very very good, the clear choice is Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1. Of course being a nit like me greatly enhances your enjoyment since it has many aspects of gameplay that are rewarded by nittiness.

Chris

jwvdcw
08-19-2004, 12:37 PM
TECMO SUPER BOWL

kerssens
08-19-2004, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!!! I think it was Tecmo Super Bowl III where you could create players and improve them and there was an offseason, that one was my favorice.....Also the original Tecmo Bowl where you could dominate with Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen or just wreck everything with Lawrence Taylor

RoodyPooh
08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Xbox Halo Multi-player, not even close. I've wasted well over 4,000 hours playing this game and am not tired of it. It's like lightning quick chess.

Gamblor
08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
That was '93 (and immortalized in the movie Swingers)

But there was a move where you skated around the net that would score 100% of the time because there was no goalie control.

So the game is disqualified.

Other than those two minor details, the game remained virtually unchanged over 3 years, except for graphics enhancements.

Taxman
08-19-2004, 01:01 PM
While Golden Eye was an excellent game, I'd deffinately take Halo over it now. Halo 2 should be the shiznat.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:02 PM
the second one is sweet man!!!

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:05 PM
of course Halo is better than Goldeneye, but without Goldeneye, there would have never been a Halo.... Goldeneye is the mold from which all other console FPS must follow. Halo took it to another level, but Bond was fuckin sick man!!!! The multi was awesome especially against other people who were really good. I could play Stack forever.....

wayabvpar
08-19-2004, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Xbox Halo Multi-player, not even close. I've wasted well over 4,000 hours playing this game and am not tired of it. It's like lightning quick chess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I am the only Xbox owner on the planet who HATES Halo. I bought it, played for 20 minutes, and have never looked at it again. I have been playing FPS on PCs since the early 90s...going from aiming with a mouse to aiming with a thumbpad is like driving a Ferrari and switching to a 1972 Chevy Impala. The handling just ain't the same.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:07 PM
you must not have opposable thumbs, because its not that hard to get use to. PC FPS are to easy because of that damn mouse!!! But your right, they are better, LOL.

wayabvpar
08-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I try to get by with my prehensile tail to compensate /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:11 PM
LOL, I had to look "prehensile" up.... so whats that like having one? Handy?

Taxman
08-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Stack was a pretty sweet level. IMHO however, best game means best game. Most influential game is a whole nother can of worms and Goldeneye is high on that list to be sure.

nolanfan34
08-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I don't know about best, but Baseball Stars on Nintendo was my alltime favorite.

My brother and I spent HOURS playing against the all-female team, to get lots of cash to build up our players. I would always create a team with my fantasy players, and max them all out at 95-97 points. Ah, wasted youth.

On Super Nintendo, I'll take Street Fighter II anyday.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:23 PM
yeah but games always get better though graphically and game play wise, but essentially Halo is a newer version of Goldeneye, and Goldeneye was a newer version of Doom. I still think Goldeneye might be one of the best games ever.

TenPercenter
08-19-2004, 01:29 PM

RoodyPooh
08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of course Halo is better than Goldeneye, but without Goldeneye, there would have never been a Halo.... Goldeneye is the mold from which all other console FPS must follow. Halo took it to another level, but Bond was fuckin sick man!!!! The multi was awesome especially against other people who were really good. I could play Stack forever.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed... Stack was great, but I prefer Complex /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:37 PM
oh [censored], I forgot out Temple.... that was the [censored], especially with grenade launchers and proximity mines. I was the king with the grenade launchers, I would bounce those fuckers off three walls and blow yo ass up!!!

kerssens
08-19-2004, 01:39 PM
I didn't really know you when that game was out but you can be sure that I would have torn you to pieces...any battle level you choose /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 01:51 PM
IT'S ON, I WILL [censored] YOU UP!!!!!

kerssens
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
The Large Hawaiian was pretty good too

Taxman
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Man I hated proxy mines. It's all about pistols on liscence to kill

kerssens
08-19-2004, 01:55 PM
I had more fun finding a good spot to snipe or just blow [censored] up with the rocket launcher

TylerD
08-19-2004, 01:58 PM
...will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, its going to be awesome - bring on October 22nd.

KingMarc
08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
I vote for all the Tom Clancy games..Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six..all of them are amazing.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 02:02 PM
I eat large hawaiians all the time, he can bring the ruckus too.

I am a man on a mission with the grenade launcher, nothing stops me. I also liked the license to kill pistols as well. I was deadly man..... still am in fact.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man I hated proxy mines.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL, you must have been playing against someone who knew what they were doing.... I use to hide those things hella good.....

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 02:04 PM
dude, I have had my copy reserved since June...LOL.

WC64
08-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Damn I forgot about this one. I almost bought a 64 just for this game lol

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 02:37 PM
dude, I bought a GC just for Mario Kart:double dash and its totally worth it.

kerssens
08-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Another game where I reign supreme over you.....especially with the deadly combo of Diddy and either Turtle vs. your lame team of Ghost and whoever

beerbandit
08-19-2004, 03:07 PM
i also think that golden eye 64 was a great game----it became less enjoyable when nobody wanted to play me anymore

astroglide
08-19-2004, 03:07 PM
ocarina of time, not close

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!!! I think it was Tecmo Super Bowl III where you could create players and improve them and there was an offseason, that one was my favorice.....Also the original Tecmo Bowl where you could dominate with Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen or just wreck everything with Lawrence Taylor

[/ QUOTE ]

you must have been the worst tecmo bowl player of all time because it was all about the chicago bears and walter payton.

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 03:12 PM
oooo man, bond is one of the best games ever.

my friends wouldn't even play complex - proximity mines with me because I got so good at that level.

I used to write walkthroughs and post them on a crappy bond webpage that i made using plain HTML, and that was before I even bought that game! that is how much time i spent playing at my friends house.

CCass
08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Baseball Stars was the nutz!!!

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 03:14 PM
I am shocked nobody has mentioned Tony Hawk's Pro Skater!

I bought a playstation just because of this game, my scores on a few levels were so high it was unreal, I had like 4 levels where I was at least 100,000 over the next highest score I even heard of from my friends.

You know you're going crazy from playing a game when you are sitting in class, and just "playing" the game in your head, completely with singing the soundtrack in order.

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
this was probably the best sports game on regular nintendo.... well besides track and field!

kerssens
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you must have been the worst tecmo bowl player of all time because it was all about the chicago bears and walter payton.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the niners?? Rice and Craig??

beerbandit
08-19-2004, 03:16 PM
prox mines were great

everyone hated to play me there

the best is to place them in starting positions

you die once and you might not get to move before a few more deaths

beer

scotnt73
08-19-2004, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, I bought a GC just for Mario Kart:double dash and its totally worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bought my daughter the gc with mario cart for christmas. nowdays we just race the baby mario track 1 on 1 over and over. you get plenty of chances to cream the other player. much fun!

bosoxfan
08-19-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

There was never a more dominant video game player than Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl. It's not even close.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:21 PM
you are so lame man, my ghost and toad rolling in the gold car stomp on your stupid team on minnie mes. I would run you all over the place if I used diddy and toad. Oh its on man, [censored] softball tonight, its al about MK:DD!!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i also think that golden eye 64 was a great game----it became less enjoyable when nobody wanted to play me anymore

[/ QUOTE ] Totally, Scott you wouldn't know anything about this.....

kerssens
08-19-2004, 03:22 PM
you don't want that

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
prox mines were great

everyone hated to play me there

the best is to place them in starting positions

you die once and you might not get to move before a few more deaths

[/ QUOTE ]
I never did this cuz I thought it was sort of cheap.... I would rather them see deaths face before they die.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
listen you have been served, now thw question is are you gonna bring it?

kerssens
08-19-2004, 03:26 PM
your moves weren't very fresh and original but.....IT'S ON!!

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
i bought my daughter the gc with mario cart for christmas. nowdays we just race the baby mario track 1 on 1 over and over. you get plenty of chances to cream the other player. much fun!

[/ QUOTE ] Waluigi stadium man.... that level is intense.... Baby Park is to short for me. Bowser has a good one to.

jagoff
I don't know about best, but Baseball Stars on Nintendo was my alltime favorite.

HOLY FLURKING SCHNIT!!! Someone other than me and my brother remember that game. That was some good [censored]!

kerssens
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Waluigi stadium man.... that level is intense

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been some legendary battles in Waluigi Stadium

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Okay its shirts versus blouses bitches!!!!!!
I hope you like pancakes cuz it is officially on.

BTW, Goldeneye is the best game ever!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
there will be no chaos items or whatever its called either, thats a bunch of crap. It allows for cheap wins by inferior players(you).

kerssens
08-19-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm the one that gets bombarded by blue shells in a lame effort by the game to allow the rest of you to catch up

jagoff
08-19-2004, 03:33 PM
MIKE TYSON'S PUNCHOUT!!!!!! Cmon...Don Flamenco, Piston Honda, Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Golden Tiger, The Sandman, Bald Bull, Hippo, Soda Popinski...that game was tight back in the day!

Utah
08-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Havent played this year's version. However, last years version simply stunk. Graphic stunk and the gameplay stunk. I grew up on madden so I am not biased against it. However, the last few versions have been below par.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:36 PM
blah blah blah, you only get hit by those because the comp realizes that you are getting lucky and that you need to be put back in your place.

jagoff
08-19-2004, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there will be no chaos items or whatever its called either, thats a bunch of crap. It allows for cheap wins by inferior players(you).

[/ QUOTE ]

When did the subject go from Best Video Game to Best Line from "Bring it On"??? You buncha bitches ain't got [censored] on noone! Lucky for you I don't live in Seattle or all y'all would be getting a dick dent on your forehead!

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Try south park you fuckin moron. And if you even try to bring your johnson any where near my face I will snap it off like a twig from a branch.

Jagoff, if you ever come up here, IT'S ON!!!! [censored] you and your momma!!

lu_hawk
08-19-2004, 03:44 PM
My roommate in college brought his old nintendo a few years ago and that was the only game we played. I had never played it before so it took me a while to realize never to try to get someone in a run down and NEVER try to throw out someone stealing second when a man is on third.

jagoff
08-19-2004, 03:47 PM
TSC, is there swearing allowed in your momma's basement? If there isn't then I guess noone will ever know whom is the best!

brian0729
08-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Golden Eye is truly awesome, but isnt even the best game for that console. Mario64!

My number one pick goes to: Final Fantasy 7

Honorable mention: GTA3, Donkey Kong Country, Ocarania of Time

Old School mention: Zaxxon-Colecovision

BeerMoney
08-19-2004, 03:58 PM
I hate to be Mr. Old School but.........

1.) Tetris
2.) Super Mario
3.) Contra (I could beat it on one life)
4.) Tyson's Punchout
5.) Baseball Stars
6.) Marble Madness
7.) Zelda
8.) Nintendo Golf

NoPeak
08-19-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, its true.

3 teams to pick from basically

NY:Taylor, and their extra point blocking
KC:Okoye could run for 500 a game
LA:Bo knows and Allen

kerssens
08-19-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8.) Nintendo Golf

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one where Mario was the golfer and the entire hole fit on the screen?.....loved that game

NoPeak
08-19-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MIKE TYSON'S PUNCHOUT!!!!!! Cmon...Don Flamenco, Piston Honda, Glass Joe, Von Kaiser, Golden Tiger, The Sandman, Bald Bull, Hippo, Soda Popinski...that game was tight back in the day!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a hard game. It took forever for me to pass Sandman. Hippo was just too funny.

jagoff
08-19-2004, 04:05 PM

Remember this code?? up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, select, start! Infinite lives on Contra

I had to edit cause I forgot about the damn select button.

kerssens
08-19-2004, 04:08 PM
............A, B, select, start

mistrpug
08-19-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My brother and I spent HOURS playing against the all-female team, to get lots of cash to build up our players. I would always create a team with my fantasy players, and max them all out at 95-97 points. Ah, wasted youth.

On Super Nintendo, I'll take Street Fighter II anyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still to this day think Baseball Stars is the best baseball game ever made. Climbing the wall to catch a HR was one of the best feelings you could ever have.

NoPeak
08-19-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Remember this code?? up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, select, start! Infinite lives on Contra

[/ QUOTE ]
You beat me to it. The best I could do was 2. I would always lose one life on the last level with the scorpion-spider looking thingamajiggies.

jagoff
08-19-2004, 04:28 PM
I would always do something stupid! I was always running forward on that game shooting the [censored] outta anything that came my way!

beerbandit
08-19-2004, 04:39 PM
i guess it is sorta cheap

but i felt that since i could remember where the positions were that i should benefit from that

id rather watch there faces in real life as the await to be placed on the board not knowing what was goin to happen

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 04:41 PM
These are all great games people, but are they the best??? HELL NO!!!

astroglide
08-19-2004, 04:43 PM
i can beat it in 1 life too, but i think it's a bigger achievement that an ex-girlfriend and i could beat it without using a continue. that's pretty amazing when you add a girl to the equation, and consider how many "scrolling" deaths there are (person at left/bottom of map, so the screen won't advance and the 2nd player fails a jump).

nolanfan34
08-19-2004, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still to this day think Baseball Stars is the best baseball game ever made. Climbing the wall to catch a HR was one of the best feelings you could ever have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, 100%. And you could do everything with 2 buttons. Why does it have to be so damn hard to play defense in the baseball games they make today? Way too many buttons for me.

I had forgotton about Mike Tyson's punchout, but that would be up there on my list. The only flaw is there was no option to play head to head somehow.

ThaSaltCracka
08-19-2004, 04:44 PM
I agree man, I just never did it. It was more fun if they showed up took a couple steps and then BAM! Dead as a door nail.

Did anyone of you guys ever beat the entire game and get the two extra levels? Moonbase and Temple?

Rube
08-19-2004, 04:49 PM
astrosmash for the intellivision

NoPeak
08-19-2004, 05:11 PM
My favorites on nintendo

Tecmo Super Bowl(best ever)
Metroid
RC Pro Am
Double Dragon
Contra
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Side Pocket
Ninja Gaiden
Castlevania
Zelda II:Adventures of Link
Pro Wrestling (dont think I ever made it to Great Puma)

The once and future king
08-19-2004, 05:18 PM
" that an ex-girlfriend and i could beat it without using a continue"

Man my girlfriend allways uses a continue and I can highly recommend it.

Dynasty
08-19-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played about 10 full seasons of Techmo Bowl as the Patriots (probably the worst team on the game). I made the playoffs each year but only made the Super Bowl three timies. I lost every Super Bowl.

I think one year I went 13-3 but lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Dominic
08-19-2004, 05:44 PM
I like Ghost Recon and Medal of Honor for PS2

Redmen62
08-19-2004, 07:56 PM
I can not believe the correct answer has not yet been given.

Final Fantasy III (XI elsewhere) is the sole holder of this crown.

Honorable mentions:

Graedius III: Life Force
Super Baseball Simluator 1.000
Metroid Prime
Final Fantasy VII
Madden 200X
Zelda: A Link to the Past

Many others I'm forgetting...

bernie
08-19-2004, 09:41 PM
I agree with Tecmo Superbowl. That game rocked. Especially 3. Then you could unlock players and trade and stuff. You weren't gauranteed your trade either, which was cool. Lots of hours blown on this. It was great when you picked the right play and blew everyone off the line like popcorn. Yet i still remember phil simms stroking my ass for an 80 yard run to win. Yeah, THAT phil simms. Go figure. Tampa Bay rocked!

Kind of in the same vein is NCAA2003 football. I liked it better than 2004. We'll see about 2005. I may go back and rebuy 2003 i liked it that much.

Non-sports there is only 1 that really dominates my thinking. PIRATES! By far the most replayable game out there. Every game was different. You could get it done in a day. Can't wait for the new one.

I've played some great epic fantasy games, but you really can only play them once.

b

jwvdcw
08-19-2004, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah forgot about that one. Right now, probably couldn't even beat the game, but back in the day, I could beat it and get hit less than 3 total times in the whole game on a regular basis.

jwvdcw
08-19-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TECMO SUPER BOWL

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. KC and LA are way overrated. SF is the best overall team. Philly has the best QB play. Houston has the best passing attack. NYG has the best defense. Chicago has the best running game. Any of those teams are better than KC and LA imo.

jagoff
08-20-2004, 01:44 AM
Pro Wrestling (dont think I ever made it to Great Puma)

Man now that is bringin back some memories! I had the entire neighborhood in my living room to watch as I pummeled the Great Puma. I think I cheated though and he got the count out if I remember right.

Senor Choppy
08-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Super Mario Bros., Zelda, or Metroid for NES. All downhill after that.

Schneids
08-20-2004, 02:58 AM
It's so hard to differentiate "best" from "most influential."

I've probably logged more hours with Goldeneye multiplayer than any other videogame, however I don't think it's the best ever. It's also debateably one of the most influential. I would put Super Mario 64 in the same category.

I'm going to give a threeway tie for "best videogame of all time," in no particular order:
Super Mario 3, Final Fantasy 3, and Ocarina of Time.

And a FWIW a couple other of my "all-time favorites":
~ Super Mario Tennis (n64... and actually my PERSONAL fav game ever)
~ Twisted Metal and Twisted Metal 2 (psx)
~ Super Monkey Balls (gcn)
~ Little League Baseball (nes)
~ Samba de Amigo [with maraccas] (dc)
~ Goldeneye/Perfect Dark (n64... haha I'm a co-author of a 10,000 word review on Perfect Dark)

jagoff
08-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I am surprised that noone has mentioned a wrestling/boxing game! Like the whole WCW series for the N64 or Wrestlemania 2000. You build your guys up during the match until they are special and then unleash hell! Fight Night is pretty tight and so was Ready 2 Rumble.

ThaSaltCracka
08-20-2004, 11:04 AM
those games are all fun, but they really aren't that great.
I use to play the WCW vs NWO all the time for the N64, but then after I realized how easy the game was, I stopped playing it.

kerssens
08-20-2004, 12:09 PM
We used to have a guy that would always pick Macho Man or Buff Bagwell and just leave the ring and taunt the whole time, it got annoying enough that the other three would eventually stop fighting each other and all gang up on him

mrjim
08-20-2004, 12:20 PM
It totally agree w/ whoever commented on NHLPA '95. You're dead on w/ them bringing back the fights and fixing the auto goal. Also, was that the one that they added the one-timers?

But I'm not sure I ever spent more time on a video game than my roomate and I didn't on Goldeneye. My wife now, who was my girlfriend at the time, still talks about how much she hated me playing that 24/7. My GPA never recovered.

Baseball Stars was the best baseball game I've ever played. Crank up your players 'till you can hit a home run every time you connect, then start over...

Ghost Recon is my favorite newer game. I played that until I could kill every enemy on every level using ony one team member (and still do on occasion).

I'd also throw in Zelda (the original) SSX and Grand Tourismo.

The grandaddy is Tetris though, but it's not really a "video game" by todays standards.

vulturesrow
08-20-2004, 01:01 PM
If you want to talk wrestling games, lets go real old school.

Pro Wrestling on the Nintendo Game System. Oh yeah..some sweet ass moves on that one.

jagoff
08-20-2004, 01:17 PM
Buff was the stuff until that damn neck injury. WCW v. NWO wasn't the greatest game but it was a good (read GOOD) game to play with/against your buddies. DYK...if you wiggled the analog stick vehemently while being pinned you would always get up even after 100 finishing moves!

BTW, LaParka was the NUTS!!!

mrjim
08-20-2004, 01:45 PM
I'll be the Amazon and do the Pirahna bite on your head and then pull a wrench out of my shorts, beat you on the head, put it back in my shorts and look at the ref and put my hands in the air like "I didn't do anything."

ThaSaltCracka
08-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I always liked Kim Chi

WEASEL45
08-20-2004, 02:14 PM
all the gran tourismos are my favorite games ever. number 2 especially

mikeyvegas
08-20-2004, 07:54 PM
That game was sweet!

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/images/starstat.gif

El Diablo = Starman???

Starman is a mysterious Mexican wrestler who hides his face behind his astro mask. No one knows his real age, but rumors indicate that he could really be the Amazing Taco Bomber who disappeared from the Mexican Pro Wrestling scene back in 1928. That would make Starman 96 years old. This theory has been used to explain his ability to use the incredible Somersault Kick, since it does take over 60 years to learn. This, along with the flying forearm shiver he stole from Tito Santana and renamed Flying Cross Chop to show off his Catholic heritage, make Starman one of the more effeminate wrestlers. Six year old Denver resident, Timmy Olson, once said of him on television, "He has a pink suit and a big gay star on his face." Many opponents of Star Man have quoted Timmy in an effort to infuriate the unmanly Mexican, but the final insult came when the Amazon carved "Old Fag" on Starman's chest with one of Fighter Haybusa's Ginsu knives. Star Man announced the next week that he was retiring for "unrelated reasons." Later that year, a 96 year old man joined the Mexican figure skating team.