PDA

View Full Version : Death Of Brian Saltus

07-09-2002, 04:46 PM
2001 TOC Champ Brian Saltus died after a long battle w/cancer. Here's the RGP thread started by his nephew.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E56C23931

I was fortunate enough to play w/Brian & his son Luke, and have never met two nicer guys. Brian's TOC win is one of the all time great poker stories.

Condolences to his family & friends. RIP, Brian, your pain is over.

07-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Never got to meet Mr. Saltus either in poker or law. I wanted to because everybody I talked to who knew him thought well of him. Condolences is right.

07-10-2002, 12:09 PM
Brian was a true gentlemen and a hero to a lot us wannabe poker players. We lived vicariously through his tournament successes and, in this case, it really was true that the TOC win "couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."

He dealt with his illness with dignity and class and will be missed.

07-10-2002, 05:51 PM
For those of you who had the great fortune to know Brian, you know what a great loss this is, not just to the poker world, but to the world in general. Brian was the epitome of class, sportsmanship, and the very definition of a gentleman. I will miss talking to him, hearing of his exploits, and the way he conducted himself in his everyday dealings with everyone he met. I'll bet even money that he is sitting down with Johnny Moss right now, and getting the old man to laugh.